Author Topic: A Republican describes in only14 words what is wrong with his Party  (Read 5461 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Republican describes in only14 words what is wrong with his Party
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 07:05:34 PM »
Obviously you did not read what Bernie has posted.

Seems pretty specific to me.

I disagree with the "smaller government" and "lower taxes for the fatcats" policies of the Republican'ts, as well as their reputation to monger wars and ignore the homeless, the poor, the maldistribution of wealth and their hateful attitude toward my President.  I can't think of anything to like about them, other than when the lose, they generally vacate the office for a better Democrat to replace them.

So =far, no Republican't has ever shrunk the government. They have made it less competent, though.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 07:40:06 PM »
And obviously you have not read any of the other Republican Presidential nominees, and what they have posted in the past.  They seem pretty specific to me

I disagree with the "bigger government" and "higher taxes", on everyone policies of the Demawon'ts, and their reputation of polarization, intolerance, enabling, stoking of racist rhetoric, and their hateful attitudes toward anyone financially successful and my previous Republican Presidents.  I can't think of anything to like about them, other than when the lose, they generally vacate the office for a better Republican to replace them.

Same 'ol, same'ol
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 11:09:38 AM »
I am not for bigger or smaller government, but more effective government. The Bureau of Land Management does not need more people to enforce rental fees on government land or prevention of overgrazing: they just need to prosecute violators, like that racist clown in Nevada. The Forestry Service needs to prevent clear cutting national forests. The military needs to settle for fighter aircraft that do not cost $35 million each.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »
Of course you're for bigger Government.....you push that rhetoric all the time.  The Bigger the better, since it supposedly can handle all those evil big companies better.  You've been educated on how the bigger Government gets, the more ineffective, inefficient, the more bureaucratic it becomes, and the easier crony capitalism gets.  But you don't care.....the bigger the better, so says the the hard left
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »
Government has the role of protecting the people from corporate greed and abuse, so it must be more powerful than the largest abusive corporation. Not necessarily bigger.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 01:24:23 PM »
Actually, that's NOT the role of the Government. 

Government's role is simple....provide its citizens protection from enemies, foreign & domestic.... PROMOTE, as in facilitate, NOT "provide" for the common welfare of its citizens, and at all cost, protect the liberty/freedoms we have as a nation, that so many have sacrificed themselves for, to secure those freedoms

But thank you for pointing out again the mindset of bigger is better, when it comes to the left, completely ignoring how much easier it allows the powerful corporate folk/oligarchy to be that much more in charge of the policitians that they've bought and paid for......led by herr magesty, Mrs Clinton

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 02:28:56 PM »
It is precisely what I want the role of government to be.
I want the FAA to make sure planes I fly on are safe
I want the FDA to make sure the drugs and food I eat are safe.
I want the water that comes out of my faucets to be drinkable.
I want my bank account insured by the FDIC.
I want stock trading regulated to me protected from scams.

There ars a few of the things I expect from the government.

I do not give a shit about all the crap that "Conservatives" spew. They cannot run a country, and have proven it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 02:56:43 PM »
Actually, it's been proven multiple times over....not that you'd notice of course

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 03:46:44 PM »
Reagan promised to shrink the government and it grew and became more corrupt: dozens of his minions were prosecuted.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 05:02:49 PM »
Shall I provide you a laundry list of all the "Promises" Obama has made, as it relates to what he campaigned on??  And I've lost count as to how many have been found to have reniged on tax laws, under Obama, that he personally picked.  It's also a safe bet that so much of what the State Dept & IRS deleted, e-mail wise, before being handed over to Congress would have sent many a minions up the river as well
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:31:47 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 07:25:57 PM »
The military needs to settle for fighter aircraft that do not cost $35 million each.

Nooo....

If the government made cost the only consideration , they could mount rocket launchers on Cessna 172s , the latest aircraft to successfully defeat the Soviet Unions air defenses.

Or they could measure the opposition and pay what it takes to surpass.

The Russians still build some very good aircraft , the Chinese and Indians and Europeans build some good ones too.

So we have to be competitive, the choice is really between building aircraft that can win by being better , or building aircraft that can win by being very numerous.

Really you should be happy that the decision has fallen on having excellent aircraft rather than having thousands of them.

On the other hand , there is at least one genius who thinks that the Air Force could use a cheaper fighter.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Rutan
         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG9LlHcX8lg

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
If they are paying 35 million per plane, then cost seems to be of no consideration at all.

They could surely do a pretty good job for a measly 10 million.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 05:23:34 AM »
  If you went with Burt Rutan's design the slower more vulnerable less effective aircraft would not return its pilot alive and successful as often.

What is that worth?

Of course this plane is meant to be sent in swarms , so even though each one costs a lot less, the need is for a flight of 200 rather than 20.

You still get what you pay for.

Long ago our military decided that it was better to spend more money than bury more soldiers .

Better equipment is better than meeting an enemy on an even footing , hopefully we have enough obvious superiority that no fighting will be necessary.

Not with peers anyway, terrorists look for leverage.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
There is no need to pay as much as the military asks for.
Often Congress authorizes crap even the generals and admirals say they do not need.

Expensive crap is ordered to support the military-industrial complex. Eisenhower knew this, and littl was done to stop it.

I have no idea who Burt Rutan was. I just know that 35 million per plane is absurd.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 05:09:41 AM »
  Oh you would like Burt Rutan , everyone likes Burt Rutan.