Author Topic: Whats the status on us god damn foreigners?  (Read 9676 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Whats the status on us god damn foreigners?
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:13:47 PM »
this is not a talk about illegal immigration . The focus is the legal ones here. I notice our status as citizens are in question.

Even the 14th amendment is getting alot of attention. The fact I actually got number without looking it up is proof how much it is brought up

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Whats the status on us god damn foreigners?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
Let me make this clear, Kimba.   NO ONE HERE LEGALLY IS IN QUESTION.  NO ONE LEGALLY HERE, IS IN RISK OF LOSING THEIR CITIZESNSHIP....PERIOD

This has everything to do with ILLEGAL Immigration/Foreigners.  Always has been.  Anyone trying to sell you the above is off their rocker and/or trying to purposely create conflict, where there should be none

The 14th was specific to the children of freed slaves, and nothing to do with immigration.  In a subsequent ruling, addressed the children of LEGAL Foreigners as apparently applicable.  And it is consistent with the wording of the 14th. 

Your status as a citizen, so long as you're here legally, is, and never has been in question....period.  I hope that helps dispell your personal concerns
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »
Im not too worried about my status per se but i do have friends who actually got on dhs watchlist and it does give me doubt in general about the legal immigrants status.

Recently it seems the shfit of focus of immigration is leaning toward  asians. We'll see in a week if that sticks though

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 02:25:50 PM »
Not sure about where you're getting this "focus" information from.  Race has never been the issue...legal status has been.  ANYONE here legally, is not at risk for having their citizenship revoked...period
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 03:03:12 PM »
I did not think about revoked at all. Im thinking about getting deported. My friends were facing a real possibility of deportation due to errors in documenting.

This is more of a matter is the government compitent to keep track of whose legal or not.

It did make my other friends scared to reapply for passports and thier born here. I know one guy who has no birth certificate because he's born in the woods past Sacramento and the people thier are kinda jewish gypsies. Not sure if he finally registered

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 03:20:28 PM »
The more i think about it the word revoked has not really been brought up. This has mainly a swear campaign on certain groups which seems not too define whom

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »
Im not following Kimba.....it appears this continues to be an issue about illegal vs legal, as well as apparent issues with the hazards of Government bureacracy.......meaning, nothing you're concerned about has anything to do with the notion that some Government bureaucrat is signaling any intention to take away someone's legal status as an American citizen, which would be referred to as revoked......not to mention its regardless of race

Lesson learned, make sure you provide accurate paperwork, and make note to self, that the bigger Government gets, the more likely paperwork like this can get mishandled

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »
  Race used to be a big deal in questions of immigration.

I certainly hope it is not now.

Our system of immigration is very flawed , some of these flaws are really killing people,

But who do we trust to fix this?

Can we find politicians whose motives will not be primarily political?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 06:50:12 PM »
You are so right, Plane.  I think we can ALL agree our current immigration system is broken.  We enable too much illegal crossing into this country, with all kinds of perks & rewards if they get here, topped by the gross misuse/misapplication of our 14th Amendment.  And don't get me started with the gross ignorance of the law with sanctuary cities

Back when we passed the 14th, we had open borders & open immigration.  But something changed in this country....that being the emergence of the welfare state, where Government via the tax payers, are compelled to provide more and more of one's basic functions & services, because it apparently makes certain folks feel better about themselves.  Such a strain on our legal tax payers is simply unsustainable with an open border/open immigration mindset

So, the Dems have a choice.....they can have open borders or they can have a welfare state.  They can't have both

We need to stop and fix everything that's broken, which includes speeding up the immigration process.  It's ridiculous that it takes years to be processed.  But the FIRST thing that needs to be demonstrated, is a WILL to seriously fix the system.  It starts with border enforcement. Be it a wall, the military, a massive increase in armed border agents, something along those lines.  Once we have SOME control of the border (not all....many will still sneak thru), which demonstrates a bipartisan will to want to fix our immigration system, then we start dealing with weaning the bureaucracy, to something far more managable

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »
Sometimes the paperwork is flawed. I actually know somebody with a expired and mispelled birth certificate. California used to give birth certificate cards in place of the ones we know. But in recent years those cards became invalid. That was a shock to my friend who tried to apply for a passport and find out he's been spelling his name wrong his whole life. Goid thing this is not exactly rare in California so he didn't go through to big a hardship to get his passport. He now thinking amending his original birth certificate since it'll be a big headache to change everything else.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 07:59:35 PM »
We do NOT have "open borders" now.  Many fewer people are coming in illegal than during the Bush years.

It is just that no wall nor any type of regulations and vigilance will ever be 100% effective. The East Germans never managed, and they shot on sight.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
On the matter of paper work . it sound easy to say just provide accurate paperwork. But got serious doubts most americans can do it and most will not likely need to.
In certain jobs your not even allowed to carry id since it's used as a deposit for work.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 10:19:32 PM »
Many fewer people are coming in illegal than during the Bush years.

Less Mexicans,  exponentially more of everyone else, especially central Americans.  And you must have missed the rather clear reference that a wall was not going to be 100% effective, nor would we expect it to be.  It would prove a significant improvement in border security however,  over what is currently present. ... as in virtually nothing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 08:04:41 AM »
On the matter of paper work . it sound easy to say just provide accurate paperwork. But got serious doubts most americans can do it and most will not likely need to.
In certain jobs your not even allowed to carry id since it's used as a deposit for work.

Paperwork can be a nightmare for someone that has had a house fire , or a refugee from a country that is burning .
    Once the FBI has fingerprints they can ID you even if you whish they wouldn't. This isn't available for every purpose .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »
Border security is not nothing. You are close to the border, prove it for yourself.

Put on some makeup and color yourself Mexican, Go to the Goodwill and dress in pachuco clothes.

Leave your passport behind, and them go to Tijuana and try to sneak in.

I guaran fucking tee you if you will do this you will shut your stupid mouth about "open borders" after this.

Imbecile!
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."