Author Topic: Whats the status on us god damn foreigners?  (Read 9686 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Whats the status on us god damn foreigners?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 08:48:40 PM »
.................. the Republicans who want cheap labor want them here and want them undocumented and vulnerable to threats...................

This does not sound good to me.

Who in particular are these guys , and what is the policy set that would relieve this particular problem?

Earlier today I heard that employment of American Youth 15-20 years old is near all time highs especially among minorities . Related problem?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »
Recently I've been thinking for asians mainly we need more immigrants legal or otherwise. Im noticing we dont really multiply very well bere in the U.S. The thing about not having kids till we can afford is really screwing us up big time

I find this statement very thought provoking!

Is there an US vs THEM pressure to compete felt racially?

Are people in the US so expensive to produce that it would pay to outsource the initial production phases and import nearly finished citizens?

Are Asians not thriving in the US? Does the appeal of the American Dream diminish if reproduction and rearing are difficult here?

If you answer several of these with a "Yes" then immigration needs change and many obstacles to  successful parenthood need to be reduced also.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »
Yes and no

We're not competing at all but somehow we're perceived as such. Thriving but hampered due to our lack of education. I cant speak for all asians but the culture here makes for family growth very chaotic. I'll even say its not racial and that overall just having a relationship in general is not easy today. But for asian our numbers does not seem very sustainable without outside resources.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »
  Does assimilation seem like a good or a bad thing to you?

Most of the people I know are not purebred anything.

Self included.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2015, 01:05:12 AM »
I used to think assimulation for us asians was an advantage in the U.S. but lately I find the price abit too high lately.  I understand alot of it is our fault for being perceived as inferior to most americans. but I`m hopeful we will overcome this .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:25 AM »
  Perception is important , it is almost everything.

But perception can be false, it can be faked or tricked or bought.

I do not think of Asians as inferior , neither genetically nor culturally .

If assimilation is a good thing then the assimilated change the flavor of the stew with their spice as much as the melting pot adsorbs them.

If the melting pot is a bad thing , then it is just a miserable loss of self and culture as the Borg dismisses previous programming.

I don't think that loss of self or cultural learning is needed for the melting pot to work, it is a process of addition more than subtraction.

I don't think that the nation we have or want works without the blending of the many into one, we even put it on our money.

If there is a perception of Asian custom and person being unwelcome , this is an unfortunate thing.

Important whether true or not.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »
our assimulation has been largely been perceive positive but lately it has backlfired as a trait of being weak. if another ethnic group gets mugged it`s a hate crime if an asian gets mugged they get told it`s what happens for being passive.

i only got this was way when a week long crimespree of mugging with one death happened . the judge at the time rule a not a hate crime due to the passive nature of asians as the cause of said crimes. this incident made me notice how weak we seem.

wallstreet journal recently called the president of china the chink in the armor .

I`m not saying we`re not passive but it`s obviously a problem and needs to be address. first thing is to fix our inferior educational background. american complaint too much how slow we are. XO even  brought up the problem he has with his asians students

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 04:51:36 AM »
  This seems like a stupid thing for a Judge to say.

Isn't San Francisco famous for its Asian components?

Assimilation should not mean disappearance without a trace , there is a best way , where the new joins the old with mutual benefit.

I didn't know that there was a problem with Asian education, this is a new idea as far as I know.

I know a pair of Chinese brothers that have been here a long time , they are inventing the character of Chinese Maconite for themselves.
     Not that they are entirely the first, but they are a scarce enough. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 05:16:47 AM »
Not asian education but more the type of education we get in general. We're way to practical to advance . It's the reason asian has done so badly in this country. Notice very few asian in any position in this country. You cant say it's because we dont lack desire. We're simply lacking in ability. But the next generation will get the better more broadbase education that will get us to the next level.

The next month after the judge rule not a hate crime more attacks happened . I believe now finally the hate crime laws may extend to asians. This not an issue do chinese get legal protections. This is to deter people from having an excuse to attack people in general. Elderly hispanics has this problem also. I know people hate the existence of hate crime laws in general . But it's an effective reminder laws are not being enforced.
No idea what maconite is .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2015, 09:41:47 AM »
Perhaps maconite is something produced in Macon, GA.

There is also a Macon in France.

Of course agricultural labor contractors, meatpackers and construction companies will nit say they want easily intimidated illegals working for them, but that does not prevent them from donating huge amounts to politicians that yammer about how they will do nothing to legalize anyone unless the border is up to some vague standard, which can be changed at will. Clowns like sirs are very easily duped.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2015, 10:18:01 AM »
Clowns like sirs are very easily duped.

You mean like if you like your insurance and your Dr, you can keep them?  That after passing Obamination care, premiums would come down??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2015, 11:32:32 AM »
I did not believe that everyone was going to keep their doctpor. Obama did all he could to support this, but he was not the ultimate authority.

Premiums have not risen as fast as they did before.

Again, Obama does not control premiums, so he cannot be blamed for this.

But are you a dupe? Yes, and in spades.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »
So you knew Obama was lying to begin with.  Well, at least that's a step in the right direction
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2015, 12:33:45 PM »
i don`t use covered california (obamacare) but i benefit greatly from it. true the cost is abit high but for someone with modest income it`s not truely out of bounds,

I found that blue shield which cost more than covered ca is less than 7 k a year so i`m confused about how this is a great hardship to working people.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
There is nothing that Obama does that sirs thinks is worth a damn.

This is fundamentally because sirs brain is not worth a damn, either.

No one can lie about a future event, by the way.  The future is unknown to all.

Bush LIED about what Saddam had, because he knew Saddam was not a threat and claimed that he was.