Author Topic: How to lose the next Thomas Edison or Steve Jobs  (Read 9352 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How to lose the next Thomas Edison or Steve Jobs
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »
But but but...he was Ay-rab, with a name like Ahmed Mohamed it had to be a bomb...
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 04:14:41 PM »
The best part is him supposedly being arrested for constructing a faux bomb.....but....in order for it to be a faux bomb, doesn't that require him to claim his fake bomb was a bomb??....to justify the charge??  IIRC he claimed it was a clock thru-out this ridiculous debacle

------------------------------------------

On a related note however, its being reported that the "pictures of him being led away in handcuffs" did not occur inside the school, but taken at the father's request later on
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
Why would they put a kid in handcuffs?  The police in this incident are serious dorks.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 04:42:53 PM »
  There are forms to fill out and boxes to check on those forms.

Whether or not to handcuff a suspect is not usually left to an officers discretion.

None of the authority figures here look very smart from this , but some of these did not have any choice or discretion to use.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »
I believe that somewhere in Dickens, a character points out that "The Law is a ass."

A spindly little Black kid forced to do a perp walk in cuffs for doing nothing illegal makes this country look very bad.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 04:57:01 PM »
I believe that somewhere in Dickens, a character points out that "The Law is a ass."

A spindly little Black kid forced to do a perp walk in cuffs for doing nothing illegal makes this country look very bad.

Well said ,
Whether the idiocy is individual or institutional or both, does not matter as much as the result .

All is well that ends well.
This kid is going to have a better reputation than he started with , not become one of the usual suspects.

If this had not raised such a stink , it might not have been cleaned up quite as well.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »
  There are forms to fill out and boxes to check on those forms.

Whether or not to handcuff a suspect is not usually left to an officers discretion.

None of the authority figures here look very smart from this , but some of these did not have any choice or discretion to use.

Not to mention, that as I saw being reported, it was the father that wanted the handcuffs to stay on, and no longer on campus, with pictures taken at that time.  Doesn't excuse the ridiculous over reaction and "charge" for this supposed crime.  Just saying
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 06:45:51 PM »
Instead of being credited with enlightenment for being the only white-majority country ever to elect a black leader, now we’re told that everything is about racism.

==============================================================
Each and every person that makes this comment will also tell you that they dod not vote for President Obama..

Sure, there are millions of people in schools in this country, and so the odds are that a lot of stupid crap happens in schools, like expelling a student for threatening class mates with a pop tart or saying "Bless you!" when someone sneezed. But there is not an ongoing contest for Most Stupid Thing Ever Done in a Classroom.

The face is  that everyone knew that this kid's project was of no danger to anyone, since they did not evacuate the school or set off alarms, as they would have done otherwise.

Suspending the kid for three days for nothing was a mistake. The police chief of Irving said a lot of stupid stuff. If I were a resident of Irving, I would vote his ass out of office.

And saying that the kid being Black and  Muslim to boot was not part of the reason for all the hoopla is just not true.
And peope with brains know this, and the usual idiots will deny it.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »
yes white pop tart kid....not about race
muzzy or black....OMG it must be race!
no way a white kid with bomb looking shit gets in trouble....LOLOLOLLOLOL yeah sure!

http://madworldnews.com/muslim-bomb-clock-kids/

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 11:01:49 PM »
They say a picture is worth a thousand words

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 02:12:45 AM »
I thought i brought up the fact the kid put the clock in his bags points out the device looks more like a clock due to size.. That picture makes it look like its  briefcase size. Then i noticed the display and then it looked like a clock again

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 12:38:55 AM »
  If that device had been an actual bomb , nothing done by any of the school personnel nor the police would have kept it from going off and killing some people.

I don't think it would be much of a challenge to make a bomb that looked exactly like this, but a bomb could look like pretty much anything, it is the hidden nature of the weapon that makes them so effective.

But this thing was not hidden, it was not presented as a hoax bomb, it didn't get the attention of a bomb squad, the area was not evacuated.

And very likely every one of us owns these same components, only less tinkered with.

The authorities are not covered in glory from this , no fault of Mohammed.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 03:16:42 AM »
I like what mark said that the kid is the only winner. But despite this will this event effect how he do things. Before he had no limits on what he can do but today he's now alot more aware of the outside world. He did get handcuffed and suspended. that kid does strike me as thug tough