Author Topic: How to lose the next Thomas Edison or Steve Jobs  (Read 9333 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How to lose the next Thomas Edison or Steve Jobs
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 10:11:56 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »
 that kid does strike me as thug tough

Thug tough? Really?

He looks like the kid Steve Urkle would beat up on.

At worst he is a mere prankster.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
I think the clock and gun counter each other out. 

Joking about the thug statement . But i hear the kid is skittish now. The more i think about that maher vid the more i believe the boy did everything a kid his age would of done. Meaning this event would of happened no matter what

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 05:07:09 AM »
  Yes , everyone gets nervous and something like this becomes inevitable.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
That picture is so deceptive. I just have a hard time thinking its a pencil box not a briefcase. But it is

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2015, 07:55:45 AM »

AHMED'S SISTER ADMITS SCHOOL SUSPENSION
FOR ALLEGED BOMB THREAT 3 YEARS EARLIER

By NEIL MUNRO

23 Sep 2015

The sister of the boy who brought a suspected hoax-bomb to his Texas high school said she was suspended from a school in a prior bomb scare. Her suspension occurred in 2009 while she was attending middle school in the same district.

Lesley Weaver, a spokeswoman for the district, said school officials can't release any information about the 18-year-old sister's episode because the Sudanese parents won't sign the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, The school has already sent the form to the immigrant Sudanese parents, but they won''t sign it, she said.

The sister is named Eyman Mohamed.

"I wish we could". provide more information to the media," said Weaver, whose school district and local police force are now facing worldwide claims that they unfairly targeted the sister's brother 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed after he was detained Sept. 14 on the suspicion that he had brought a hoax bomb into the school.

The boy brought his device "a dismantled, 12-volt clock packed inside a school box" to show off to his teachers.

The sister claimed after the arrest that she had been suspended from a school for several days. "I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with," she said, without providing evidence or proof.

The episode occurred around 2009, she said. The scare happened in "my first year of attempting middle school in America. I knew English, but the culture was different, the people were different," Eyman said.

"I got suspended and I didn't do anything about it," she said.

"When I heard about Ahmed, I was so mad because it happened to me and I didn?t get to stand up, so I'm making sure he's standing up because it?s not right. So I'm not jealous, I'm kinda like it's like he's standing for me."

Two days after the Sept. 14 incident, President Barack Obama intervened by praising the boy, praising his clock-in-a-box, and inviting him to the White House for an October event. "Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great," Obama tweeted, effectively suggesting that Irving officials were unfair to the Muslim boy.

Since 2001, several thousand Americans have been murdered or killed by Muslims, who justify their actions by citing the jihad commandments in the religion?s Koran book.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/23/ahmeds-sister-admits-school-suspension-alleged-bomb-threat-3-years-earlier/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:01:37 AM by Christians4LessGvt »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
BINGO!

Texas parents will sue for teenage inventor's rights

Sept. 24, 2015 at 6:26 AM   

IRVING, Texas, Sept. 23 (UPI) -- The parents of Ahmed Mohamed have hired lawyers and plan to sue over how he was treated for bringing his homemade clock to a Texas school.

Mohamed, the 14-year-old who was handcuffed and taken to an Irving police station after a teacher mistook his clock for a bomb, has become a celebrity both ridiculed and regaled for his inventions. His family said in a statement Wednesday they will "pursue Ahmed's legal rights and regain his science project from the Irving Police Department."

Charges were not filed, but after MacArthur High School in Irving suspended the young inventor for three days, Mohamed's parents withdrew all three of their children from the Irving School District, citing religious persecution. Now the parents have hired two high-powered Dallas attorneys, Thomas Bowers and Reggie London, to represent them.

Mohamed's case became a lightening rod on social media last week with some accusing him of being a terrorist, while others rallied to defend him, including President Barack Obama. Mohamed, who was the toast of the Google Science Fair earlier this week, has been offered internships at tech companies, will visit the White House and also will attend a United Nations summit this weekend.

Though Irving police told CNN the teen's clock is available for him to pick up, the family's lawyers say they will sue because the teen has been "severely traumatized" and no one should be treated the way he was.

Bowers has worked on high-profile cases before, like a sexual assault case against Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones as well as a dispute between billionaire T. Boone Pickens and his son.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/09/23/Ahmed-Mohameds-parents-will-sue-for-teenage-inventor-sons-rights/1481443041002/

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
Look at all these "racist" college kids! (ha ha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KOW92fbSM

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:55:27 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2015, 02:51:38 PM »
If you plug it in, then you see the digital clock face. Until you do, it does not look like a clock.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
Look at all these "racist" college kids! (ha ha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KOW92fbSM

I blame Hollywood.

A movie does not need a realistic bomb , they need a prop that has a countdown display on it to build tension.

If you ever walk across a field that has been struck by a cluster bomb and see something that looks like a metallic softball do not touch this , that is one of the worst most unpredictable bombs and it doesn't have a timer at all.

http://srstern.com/2011/an-aside-into-cluster-bombs/

One reason that this is bad is that they can sit undisturbed for long periods and explode when someone curious enough picks it up to have a look.

But does it look like a stereotypical bomb?

PS it probably won't be blue. and it can be shaped differently too.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
All Hollywood bombs need a countdown timer. I doubt that real bombs have anything of the sort.

A bomb in a movie needs to look dramatic.

In a real spy confrontation, the bad guy would not spend half an hour telling James Bond how he was going to kill him. He would just kill him, Bang! Like that.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2015, 01:36:25 AM »
My one issue about the kids is that it's a clock. I've been taking apart stereos,clocks any piece of junk i can get my hands since i was 6. Meaning that clock is nowhere on par with the science fair kids. He's gonna need to step up his game later on. I read about a girl whose on track to actually cure cancer and she got 2nd place.

I believe kids younger than him are coding now.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2015, 05:47:20 AM »
I wonder what sort of panic this would have caused if this kid had a more complex build?

Something more complex might have been more scary.

Kimba is right , those clock parts are pretty standard .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2015, 09:34:14 PM »
The clock is basically what you would get if you just took a digital alarm clock out of its case.