Author Topic: When was America Greater?  (Read 4617 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When was America Greater?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »
America was greater when the US Gvt was not deficit spending in the trillions
 http://www.usdebtclock.org/

America was greater when 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 were not being raised without a father.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »
First off, .....

.....first off, you have no fricken clue as to the specifics of why violent crime is plummeting.  You spout some #'s and immediately make that the only applicable variable.  The lower crime rate can JUST as easily be connected to more firearms in responsible law abiding hands.  That can also be reinforced by the fact that those areas with stricter gun controls, that make it far more difficult for the law abiding to own/carry a firearm, have seen their crime rates rise, despite it plummeting nationally.  Point being, you rhetorically shot your own foot off, when you yourself highlighted the plummeting violent crime #'s despite a proliferation of legal gun onwership

The slogan Make American Great Again assumes that America has lost its greatness.

And when you ask a majority of Americans.....THEY'LL AGREE.  Our country has had many eras of greatness, the latter years of Reagan & the early years of Clinton, were pretty stellar.  Our contributions to ending WWII were pretty stellar.  Our bringing the end to legalized slavery was pretty stellar.  In all those eras, anyone can fine things that weren't "so stellar", the Civil War inparticular, where we lost more American lives to war, than any other war, before or after.  But that was a necessary war, that included much loss of life, but wasn't terrorist-centric in any way

So NO, it does not require a specific date, because as you've helped demonstrate, any era of greatness, is going to have some negatives.  And while I have no idea as to what specific policies Trump might bring to the table to help out ALL Americans, not just the middle class, what we ALL do know, is that the current policies of the left, are decimating the middle class

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »
I think that what is wrecking American society is the consumer culture, where people are trained to know the price if everything but do not understand the value of anything.
The reality that we see on the TV is not the reality of life in this country. The constant interruptions of commercials lead to  attention deficit disorder.

This is not a matter of left or right, it is a matter of traditional patterns of culture being replaced by a phony consumer culture.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 03:44:23 PM »
What you think, vs what is reality, is often 2 very different animals.  Our culture is a predominant "me, me,me...now, now, now" form of materialism, but that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of why so many are no longer even looking for work, or the massive financial obligations/mandates pushed upon the middle & upper classes, by Democrat policies.  The upper classes can afford it.  The middle class can't, and that's the destruction I'm referring to
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
Most people in 2008 wanted an improvement in health care, especially doing away with barring people from insurance  that excluded people based on preexisting conditions.  They wanted an end to the wars that Juniorbush got us into.

Hope and Change made sense.

"Make American Great Again" does not make sense.

I wish I could have again the insurance coverage I had in 2007, and at the same price.

Since 2008 I have had exactly one raise , the minimum allowed in contract.

You might think President Obama is terrific , but he isn't your stingy employer.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »
OUCH....and that doesn't even take into account our current nosedive in credibility & standing, with our foreign allies

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 10:01:56 PM »
That would be because our standing with allies is MUCH BETTER than when Juniorbush was president.

There is not one damned thing Trump would or could do to improve any of this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »
Must have missed the part regarding the nosedive.....that being our standing with our foreign allies can't get much lower currently....as in it was far higher under Bush.  We actually fully supported our allies, back then

Not to mention there are a myriad of things, ANY President could to to improve that.  I think what you may be referring to is how much more cozy we are with our enemies, like Iran.  So, yea, in that case, our standing with Iran is MUCH BETTER than when Juniorbush was president

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »
Obama has alienated Middle east allie Israel....
Obama was caught spying on Merkel and other European and non-European allies.
Hillary and Obama tried a "re-set" with Russia which has failed miserably.
Egypt barely speaks with us after Obama tried to get the Muslim Brotherhood in power.
Libya is a disaster after Obama helped get rid of their leaders
The Saudis are pissed too
Obama was unable to rally anybody for real help with his fake line in the sand in Syria.
The list goes on and on....
Obama has been a disaster on the world scene for advocating US positions

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 01:29:37 PM »
I would say that America is already great in some ways and not in others.

This is a simplistic slogan of no real meaning to anyone capable of analyzing it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »
You mean like "Hope & Change"