Author Topic: Jim Wallis  (Read 1117 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jim Wallis
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:18:51 PM »
The response in the discussion period and in personal conversations afterwards was almost like a "camp meeting" with Democratic officials eager to say "I'm a Presbyterian," "I'm a Baptist," "I'm a Catholic," "I'm a Jew," "I'm a Unitarian." Everybody was "testifying," as we say. The level of comfort about being "religious" for these Democrats was very new according to almost everyone there.
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-wallis/lets-clear-the-air_b_41792.html

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jim Wallis
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 09:41:53 PM »
I was trying to make a distinction between those, like you, who are doing a better job regarding religion, and those who are not.----------Wallis

OK, that isn't cool.  A "better job" regarding religion? 

I must say,  I think that's chilling.   Wallis is no better than the rest of them, if this is the tripe he comes up with.   Pray in your closet, let not  your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Religion isn't to be how a person is judged here  in our country.  "Friendly" or "not so friendly" to religion, that does not matter.
"It neither picks my pockets nor breaks my leg"--Thomas Jefferson
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Jim Wallis
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 09:57:29 PM »
Wallis has something. Reread his article again. Take what he is saying at face value, and leave your preconceptions at home.

Then if need be , blast him again.