Author Topic: Careless gun nut wounds people in Crackert Barrel  (Read 6865 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Careless gun nut wounds people in Crackert Barrel
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 11:22:22 PM »
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/man-not-charged-after-gun-goes-sanford-cracker-bar/npD4w/

I found reference .

Looks like a sort of Derringer, which is a lot like a single action its action is simple and can fail dangerously when dropped. Even some of the new ones .

I think I will avoid this by not buying one of these things, I would not like this particular risk and a couple of others .

If I had to have a Derringer, I would have to come up with a good strategy for coping with its lack of positive safety, what is the responsible way to handle one of those?

I really don't know.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 11:40:07 PM »
http://firearmsid.com/Recalls/Firearm%20Recall%20Index.htm

Like cars, Guns get tested and sometimes fail.

This is a list of recalls.

If your gun is on this list , best find out why.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 11:09:10 AM »
Plane is at least useful about his guns.

I think that until someone actually shoots up a Cracker Barrel, it would be wise to just leave the gun in the car and enjoy the fried chicken.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 11:30:34 AM »
"Shooting up" infers someone is actively taking out a firearm and starting to shoot.  Is that what you're trying to claim now?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 11:48:19 AM »
I am claiming that UNTIL pone of your gun nuts goes ape and shoots up a Cracker Barrel, that taking your stupid gun into such a place is unnecessary and likely to cause far more harm than just leaving the fucking thing at home or in the car.

Is that too hard for you to understand, sirs?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »
Well then, by "obvious" consistency, you would also be supporting the notion that until none of anyone's cars be involved in any kind of an accident, taking your stupid car is simply unnecessary and likely to cause far more harm than just leaving the fracking thing at home

Understand the ignorance you're displaying yet, xo?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 05:30:47 PM »
Cars are useful all the time, because we need to go places.

Guns are not necessary most of the time. because we are rarely threatened by guns.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
No, cars are useful when they're used appropriately.  Cars are not necessary all the time, either.  They are deadly, when they are used inappropriately.  Same with firearms.  And the type of firearm accident you're referencing here are also very rare, when compared to the millions of lives saved, when a firearm IS used appropriately

As the addage goes, better to have a firearm and never have to need it, than to need one, and not have one

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »
Plane is at least useful about his guns.

I think that until someone actually shoots up a Cracker Barrel, it would be wise to just leave the gun in the car and enjoy the fried chicken.

Do you mean like the McDonalds incident, or the Luby's incident?

The gun in the parking lot is then useless.

Admittedly , a gun is not useful from moment to moment , but to be useful ever at all it needs to be present at that moment.

How much guilt should the owners of Luby's and other authorities for disarming people who then become helpless victims?

One of the victims in the Luby's incident is really sore at the restraint the restaurant put on her and with herself for being obedient .Her pistol was in her car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_shooting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald%27s_massacre

The Texas State Rifle Association and others preferred that the state allow its citizens to carry concealed weapons. Democratic governor Ann Richards vetoed such bills, but in 1995 her Republican successor, George W. Bush, signed one into force. The shall-issue law requires that qualifying applicants be issued a concealed handgun license (the state's required permit to carry concealed weapons). To qualify for a license, one must be free-and-clear of crimes, attend a minimum 10-hour class taught by a state-certified instructor, pass a 50-question test, show proficiency in a 50-round shooting test, and pass two background tests, one shallow and one deep. The license costs $140 for a four-year license; in addition applicants must pay $10 for fingerprinting as well as instructor costs which vary.[citation needed]

The law had been campaigned for by Suzanna Hupp, who was present at the shooting where both of her parents were killed. She later testified that she would have liked to have her gun during the shooting, but said, "it was a hundred feet away in my car." (She had feared that if she was caught carrying her gun she might lose her chiropractor's license.) She testified across the country in support of concealed handgun laws, and was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »

Admittedly , a gun is not useful from moment to moment , but to be useful ever at all it needs to be present at that moment.

BINGO!!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »
Yeah, and there are those days when you might be doomed without a bazooka.

This particular sumbitch with his crappy defective pistol was NOT there are any opportune moment.

The argument that everyone always should carry a gun is a very poor one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 12:35:03 AM »
And outside of Plane.....NO ONE IS MAKING THAT ARGUMENT

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 08:57:26 PM »
Yeah, and there are those days when you might be doomed without a bazooka.

This particular sumbitch with his crappy defective pistol was NOT there are any opportune moment.

The argument that everyone always should carry a gun is a very poor one.

At the Luby's restaurant the problem would have been mitigated by one or two people having guns on them, so the present Texas law that makes it likely in any large crowd that there will be two or three armed persons is probably sufficient to discourage attacks and mitigate the problem many times when attacks happen.

If trends continue and in Texas it becomes likely that in any SMALL crowd there will be two or three armed persons , the difference will be improvement in the discouragement of attackers and mitigating of emergencies when they occur.

Arming everyone requires training everyone , which Switzerland has proven feasible and which I favor , because every attack will have to be considered by the attacker in the light of certainty of resistance, not merely likelihood.

These guys might be mad dogs , but they seem to possess enough reason to seek helplessness eight of ten times.