Author Topic: California lost 9,000 business HQs & expansions, mostly to TX, 7year study shows  (Read 12169 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
  I think that were it proven beyond any reasonable doubt that very high progressive tax rates were a direct cause of hard times, there would still be a significant voting block in favor of it.

What indeed keeps science out of this question?

Most scientists too smart to stick a hand in that grinder?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
i never ever once thought the rich had enough money to be taxed to the point it solved problems. I do think thier income levels are high enough to have a negative effect on peoples pay.

Meaning taxes are not the problem. Its the lack of prosperity

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I want to address taxes paying government services. My old town san francisco used to have a very sizable black homeowning tax paying population and over a decade ago a large portion of them just up and left. One of the reasons is they got fed for all the taxes they pay they get nothing in return. Ex. Police protection. Street repair

L.A. Is known for slow response police for everything but ticket fines.

Speaking of first class lately i hear that service is starting to be lacking also. The lounges are starting to not service thier own guest due to over regulations

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
i never ever once thought the rich had enough money to be taxed to the point it solved problems. I do think thier income levels are high enough to have a negative effect on peoples pay.

Meaning taxes are not the problem. Its the lack of prosperity

Outstanding point, Kimba.  No one on the right, outside of anarchists, want to abolish taxes.  They absolutely have a function in funding the Government.  At what point does trying to raise taxes on "the rich" and businesses cease to provide that primary fiscal function, and instead become an impediment to success & prosperity, and yes, a punitive act.  Yea, "the rich" can probably pay more in taxes, but if the intention is to do so, because they can afford it, and not recognize the progressive negative detrimental impact on the economy & jobs, prosperity takes a nosedive.  There is indeed a cause & effect, in which the left frequently ignores the latter
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:53:06 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
This is a VERY PROSPEROUS country. there is NO LACK of prosperity. But it is all in the hands of a very few.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Ignorance is indeed bliss, if you can't acknowledge that not only are the poor people in this country even poorer, under Obama's current policies, with an exponential increase in those receiving food stamps, and more people no longer even looking for a job, than any other time in modern history.  Prosperity is indeed nosediving in this country, in general, and in cities like Los Angeles, Detroit, New Orleans and Chicago, just off the top of my head.  And what do those cities all have in common?  Yep, Democrat run governments, with excessive taxation and regulation agendas
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It is exactly and precisely as I said.

\There are NO major cities managed by Republicans.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
LOL....because Democrats have bitten off more than they can chew.  In the grandest effort of procuring the most poverty riddled polices to facilitate more votes for Democrats, its precisely why such cities are rampant in debt, unemployment, and why "the rich" & businesses are leaving in droves.  Sorry, you can't tax them to stay. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
This is a VERY PROSPEROUS country. there is NO LACK of prosperity. But it is all in the hands of a very few.

This could probably be changed.

Most easily by getting rid of all the prosperity.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It is exactly and precisely as I said.

\There are NO major cities managed by Republicans.

This turns out to be interesting.
https://www.quora.com/What-US-cities-have-been-primarily-governed-by-Republican-administrations-since-1940

Jacksonville Fl. ,Indianapolis In.

The Democrats are well adapted to Urban concerns, Republicans are more coped to reality.

What can convert an urban center from a Democratic stronghold to a Republican one?

Include more suburbs into the city limits, that just about makes it sure.

How to make a Red city into a blue one? Exclude the suburbs and maximize the urban nature of the electorate.

This is just a nice example of the utility of gerrymandering.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Im talking about expense has been consistantly rising but income has slowed or simply stopped growing. The expression the rich get richer and the poor get poorer has yet been called outdated.
Taxes will not fix this. Many factors are in play wages,education , businesses practices, hiring practices etc. rising taxes may of been one of the causes.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
If rising taxes are the cause, it is obliging the middle class to pay MORE percentage wise than rich fatcats like Romney.
The obvious reason that Romney released only one tax form rather than many was because he paid LESS than 14% before this.
All those trips to the Caymans?  Not for working on his tan.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Thats another matter altogether. If I recall it's not a tax break in those areas but that income is not reported.

Raising taxes will have no effect at all

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
If rising taxes are the cause, it is obliging the middle class to pay MORE

I rest my case.....thank you