Author Topic: Technology Will Leave Workers "Out In The Cold"  (Read 8150 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Technology Will Leave Workers "Out In The Cold"
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »
Author Michael Daugherty Says Technology
Will Leave Workers "Out In The Cold"

by NATE CHURCH

29 Dec 2015

Author Michael Daugherty believes that technology as a "double-edged sword" will be responsible for major shifts in the workplace, as companies seek a level of efficiency that will cause jobs to "evaporate."

In an interview with Stephen K. Bannon of SiriusXM's Breitbart News Daily, Daugherty speaks to the rapid advancements in technology influencing everything from medicine to our everyday lives amidst the birth of the "Internet Of Things."

Daugherty, President and CEO of LabMD, is the author of The Devil Inside the Beltway - The Shocking Expose of the US Government's Surveillance and Overreach into Cybersecurity, Medicine and Small Business.

He warns of the government's lack of understanding and accountability in the process, calling it "the worst and most unsafe part of the U.S. economy,"as a culture of lumbering bureaucracy, covering for each other [with] no accountability."

Daugherty also sees businesses moving toward "the most inexpensive, efficient thing," observing that "humans are erratic, they create problems, they're expensive, they sue." Alongside advances in automation technology, he believes that this could create a "perfect storm" in which many of the less educated are "left out in the cold."

He believes that politicians have been given too much authority to govern medicine and technology without understanding either.
"When I'm sick, I don't call my congressman," he quips, "when my computer crashes, I don't call my senator."

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/29/author-michael-daugherty-says-technology-will-leave-workers-out-in-the-cold/

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Technology Will Leave Workers "Out In The Cold"
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:19:55 PM »
Quote from: Christians4LessGvt link=topic=19498.msg174928#msg174928
He believes that politicians have been given too much authority to govern medicine and technology without understanding either.
"When I'm sick, I don't call my congressman," he quips, "when my computer crashes, I don't call my senator."

I like that , looks like a good point to make .

I hope there are some people qualified to understand the devices , wherever the rules are made.

Also he is right, the poorly educated are doomed to penury already, this can't get better for them.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »
Also he is right, the poorly educated are doomed to penury already, this can't get better for them.

This will cause unrest and wars.

Many, many hard working people here in the US are going to be
shocked when many of the jobs they perform today won't exist anymore.

People that barely get by working two low-end jobs will be helpless.

There is going to be a lot of very pissed off people
and it won't just be the people typically in poverty
it's going to be many that are currently middle class.

I certainly don't have the answer to this riddle.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »
The worst thing is that when people are working, they can afford to be customers for the things made by the economy. They must be given some way of having income, or the economy will collapse.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 11:55:57 AM »
no....no one has a right to an income.  Here is the list of what the world owes you:

The only "right" they have is the freedom to get a job that provides an income. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
You should consider a new form of recreation, sirs.

I think that after an extreme yoga class or two, you might try fucking yourself.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 12:55:46 PM »
Here is what everyone has a rght to.
The US has ratified this already.

United Nations
Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Simplified Version
This simplified version of the 30 Articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights has been created especially for young people.

1. We Are All Born Free & Equal. We are all born free. We all have our own thoughts and ideas. We should all be treated in the same way.

2. Don’t Discriminate. These rights belong to everybody, whatever our differences.

3. The Right to Life. We all have the right to life, and to live in freedom and safety.

4. No Slavery. Nobody has any right to make us a slave. We cannot make anyone our slave.

5. No Torture. Nobody has any right to hurt us or to torture us.

6. You Have Rights No Matter Where You Go. I am a person just like you!

7. We’re All Equal Before the Law. The law is the same for everyone. It must treat us all fairly.

8. Your Human Rights Are Protected by Law. We can all ask for the law to help us when we are not treated fairly.

9. No Unfair Detainment. Nobody has the right to put us in prison without good reason and keep us there, or to send us away from our country.

10. The Right to Trial. If we are put on trial this should be in public. The people who try us should not let anyone tell them what to do.

11. We’re Always Innocent Till Proven Guilty. Nobody should be blamed for doing something until it is proven. When people say we did a bad thing we have the right to show it is not true.

12. The Right to Privacy. Nobody should try to harm our good name. Nobody has the right to come into our home, open our letters, or bother us or our family without a good reason.

13. Freedom to Move. We all have the right to go where we want in our own country and to travel as we wish.

14. The Right to Seek a Safe Place to Live. If we are frightened of being badly treated in our own country, we all have the right to run away to another country to be safe.

15. Right to a Nationality. We all have the right to belong to a country.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 03:27:49 PM »
Let me repeat for the hard to comprehend.....IN THIS COUNTRY....per the CONSTITUTION, the world, nor the Government owe anyone, anything.  IN THIS COUNTRY, you have the right to freedom and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.  That's it.  Everything on top of that you have to earn, or as you say "seek" it out, in some way.  You are not entitled to it.  You have no right to free healthcare, or free anything, as taxes pay for the basic needs of most, and charity picks up the rest. 

PERIOD

And if you are not of this country, you get NO CONSTITUTIONAL perks or protections
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 05:28:22 PM »
   I like that list , but the places that really maintain the entire list must be scarce.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »
The US is a subscriber to the UN Declaration of Human Rights, and therefore they apply to US citizens.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
Our Constitution supersedes everything else, as it relates to those people here in the U.S.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 03:25:17 PM »
Our Constitution supersedes everything else, as it relates to those people here in the U.S.

We are a bit weak on number three.

And where is a right to be armed?

Seems a critical lack.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 03:55:26 PM »
Which is why our Constitution trumps anything outside of this country, in trying to limit or dictate US citizen freedoms, while inside the United States

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 04:43:33 PM »

No, it does not.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 05:34:07 PM »
Yes it does.  And until the Supreme Court rules otherwise, your opinion on the matter is moot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me put it another way.  We have no business, or right, to dictate that the country of France must guarantee a right that its citizens be allowed to carry firearms.  We have no standing dictating to China what their minimum wage is going to be.  Even if "negotiated" with other nations, in some form of peer pressure.  Unless a country is actively engaged in military actions against another, no one can dictate to that country, how its going to govern that country's freedoms.  Ergo, it means nothing what the UN says or writes down.  Most of what they want to apply is good stuff, and as long as it doesn't run counter to our Constitution, is probably ok. 

But our Constitutions trumps whatever intentions the UN would want us to abide by, as it relates to citizens within our country.  Period
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:03:08 PM by sirs »