Author Topic: I always knew IQ was over-rated in many instances  (Read 2402 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I always knew IQ was over-rated in many instances
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 05:55:01 PM »
The Kardasians are like the Gabor sisters (Eva, Zsa Zsa and another one)  They are famous for being famous. Of course, it did take rather a lot of plastic surgery to upholster Kim's butt and lips.

Zsa Zsa did make some movies and married nine men. She will be 99 this year and is still alive, though she lost one leg and might not be kicking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zsa_Zsa_Gabor

Zsa Zsa was Miss Hungary in 1936. The third much lesser known Gabor was Magda. Before I looked it up, I never knew her name.

Kim Kardassian has made some forgettable films and TV shows.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 06:29:16 PM »
I know somebody recently who owned alittle shop and shut it down last year to be a tour guide he noticed people for years asking him where to go and finally made the leap and he always makes over $200 a day and this more than enough for him. He simply notice he had bankable knowledge finallt used it.

It required no education but knowledge he acquired living in san francisco. I only know foodspots from my experience but due to my exotic taste Im not sure how profitable it is. Ex. I like fried pork neckbone and roasted crab. I noticed very few people share my taste for lamb

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 09:19:11 AM »
There is a book out about how people acquire a taste for food. It turns out that taste preferences start in the womb. If the mother eats garlic, there will be garlic in the amniotic fluid and the baby will be born with a preference for garlic.  Dominicans have a taste for guandules (pigeon peas) and rice. It is vastly more bland a dish than Cajun style red beans and rice.  I love guacamole, but none of my Dominican friends can stand it. It is too spicy for them, even when I leave the chili out.

I love trying new foods and dishes. The only new foods I have not liked are Korean hotpot dishes, because they are too hot to taste anything.
My face turned purple when I forced myself to eat this.  Apparently, Koreans get a high from extremely hot foods, but all I get is a burning sensation.

Most Americans cannot cook lamb or goat worth a damn, so they cannot appreciate it. It tends to be a bit greasy, and you need to deal with that by making the grease taste better. Generally this involves spices Americans  are unfamiliar with.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
It turns out that taste preferences start in the womb. If the mother eats garlic, there will be garlic in the amniotic fluid and the baby will be born with a preference for garlic.

so lets not abort them!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 04:13:47 PM »
....and how about the IQ of those folks at NARAL, who are having a literal coniption about the Doritos Superbowl Commercial, which dared to "humanize a fetus"      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 07:22:22 PM »
I aally do not care about Superboweis or Superbowel commercials.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »
Lol.....ummm, ok.  Apparently cared enough to respond with an "I don't care", but ok.     ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 10:11:50 AM »
Now you know that I don't care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 10:29:37 AM »
And twice now, you've cared enough to proclaim you don't care.  Truly illuminating

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »
More illuminating is your bothering to find it significant.

My lack of enthusiasm for the Superbowl is of no real consequence to anyone but me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 12:21:49 PM »
lol.....and yet, you keep bringing it up....now for the 3rd time.  Perhaps your conscience really does want to support NARAL's idiocy, but you're trying to suppress it     ;)