Author Topic: Now we know  (Read 6724 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Now we know
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:27:39 PM »
"We need to understand that this is, in fact, World War III. Unlike any other world war we've ever fought, this one is one we cannot afford to lose. Because losing it does not mean we lose some land or some geopolitical influence. It means we give up our own lives, because no less than that is the goal of the jihadists."

Wow, you mean we didn't have to fight that ol' WW2? Have so many of our men killed and wounded?  Go through the Bataan Death March? And not wear nylons and not use silk and collect cans for scrap and have Victory Gardens and have gas and tire and sugar and butter rationing and taxes and the draft and sell war bonds? 

Jeez! Thanks, Huck!  [Ex-governor Huckabee, candidate for president.]

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070210/REPOSITORY/702100371/1217/NEWS98
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Now we know
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »
We opted to side with the English and Russians both times.

Coould have chosen the other side.

The_Professor

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:22:38 AM »
"We need to understand that this is, in fact, World War III. Unlike any other world war we've ever fought, this one is one we cannot afford to lose. Because losing it does not mean we lose some land or some geopolitical influence. It means we give up our own lives, because no less than that is the goal of the jihadists."

Wow, you mean we didn't have to fight that ol' WW2? Have so many of our men killed and wounded?  Go through the Bataan Death March? And not wear nylons and not use silk and collect cans for scrap and have Victory Gardens and have gas and tire and sugar and butter rationing and taxes and the draft and sell war bonds? 

Jeez! Thanks, Huck!  [Ex-governor Huckabee, candidate for president.]

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070210/REPOSITORY/702100371/1217/NEWS98

This indeed is a war to the death. I sincerely beleive this. Radical Islam will take over the world if not stopped. How to actually go about that is however not so simple.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »
Professor, if you sincerely believe this, I have no doubt you are encouraging your children to enlist and serve in this cause. If this is a fight to the death, then certainly you would want them to fight for our country.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 10:44:16 PM »
Lanya,

How do you know they haven't?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 10:45:15 PM »
I don't, BT. I will maybe find out.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 10:50:48 PM »
lanya,

You used his childrens status as some kind of gotcha.

Fact is you supported afghanistan. Using your logic your sons of age should have enlisted for that fight. And any others that came along during their term of service.

And if they didn't, then somehow your comments on either engagement have no merit.

What nonsense.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 11:43:23 PM »
My children will hear what I think as soon as they ask.

The_Professor

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »
Professor, if you sincerely believe this, I have no doubt you are encouraging your children to enlist and serve in this cause. If this is a fight to the death, then certainly you would want them to fight for our country.

I have no sons. My family line, as far as my last name, will most unfortunately die out with me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:00:11 AM by The_Professor »

The_Professor

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 12:05:56 AM »
I don't, BT. I will maybe find out.

Actually, I find it somewhat intellectually dishonest that many in this forum advocate all types of negative actions toward radical "ratwings" or radical "fundies", but when I mention that radical Islam is a threat, I get "intriguing" suggestions.

"What is good for the geese, is good for the gander."

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 12:28:41 AM »
lanya,

You used his childrens status as some kind of gotcha.

Fact is you supported afghanistan. Using your logic your sons of age should have enlisted for that fight. And any others that came along during their term of service.

And if they didn't, then somehow your comments on either engagement have no merit.

What nonsense.

We had the Marine recruiter talk to us when my older son was still in fall semester of senior year of highschool.  They wanted him, he wanted to join.  Then a military eye doctor said he had tiny cataracts and that was it for the military.  He tried again after 9/11. Army, Navy, Air Force, even the Coast Guard.  He thought surely they'd take people if a war was waged, but they didn't change the rules for that yet. 
If in WW2 someone said, "This is a fight to the death," and yet his children were off going to college and whatnot, you betcha people would say, what  is wrong with this picture?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 12:34:42 AM »
This isn't WWII.

And are you saying that people with no children at risk, have no say in this national debate?

Do you have to be sickly to discuss national health?

Have to be rich to discuss the death tax?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 01:32:45 AM »
I don't think that colledges shut down during WWII.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 01:52:19 AM »
A lot of colleges had accelerated coursework  so that a 4 year degree took 2.5 years. My father participated and was an officer on a supply ship in the Pacific by the time he was 19.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 01:57:12 AM »
Hysterical nonsense generated by a pea-brained hillbilly who needs the attention to keep his Presidential campaign alive.  This is monumental ignorance and stupidity, even from Arkansas.  Sad day for America when a clown like this is a serious contender for the Republican nomination.  You are really on a downward spiral.