Author Topic: Merrick Garland  (Read 4042 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Merrick Garland
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »
I'm one of those that cares little for Trump...but given the alternative, he gets my vote.  Same with millions more like me, not to mention the disatisfied union worker or democrat that can't stomach the idea of another Clinton......especially with all her dishonest, corrupt baggage, she brings to the table
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
  Trump is not my idea of the best, but HRC is my idea of the worst.

I can certainly imagine a better choice , but it doesn't seem like I am getting one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 08:11:25 PM »
Sad, isn't it.  A pundit made a great analogy the other day.  This was a 2 foot gimmee for the GOP this coming Nov, given who their front runner was, and the policies of Obama that she was going to continue, and instead of making the putt, the GOP pulls out a driver and hits the ball into the lake
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 11:06:01 PM »
The Republican'ts have no one to blame but themselves. They have been exceedingly stupid ever since they used dogwhistle racism and the "Southern Strategy" and now their stupidity has made them the Stupid Party for sure.

Hillary will make a GREAT president. and watching Trumpf lose and take the whole Stupid Party down with him will be a Glorious day indeed.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 11:11:16 PM »
If you  are  hearing   the  Dog Whistle  ,..

You   are  the   Dog.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 11:18:41 PM »
That is bullshit and you know it is bullshit. 

Busing, the War on Drugs, the failure to attempt to arrest the murderers of the Mississippi Burning case for Reagan's two terms were all dogwhistle racism.

The dogs were the racists. the fools who claim that the Stars and Bars is their "proud heritage"

Fuck 'em and the bull they rode in on.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 11:40:10 PM »
  Could you tell me how Busing is an exploitation of racism?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »
The Republican'ts have no one to blame but themselves.

That's basically what I've been saying all along.  Not following thru with what they campaigned on, and elected to in overwhelming landslide majorities, created the credible impression that DC could no longer be trusted to do what they said they'd do....that the electorate had to look outside DC......and that's the creation of Trump phenomenon, that the GOP can credibly be blamed for.  It's not rocket science

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 03:28:11 PM »
The Republican'ts have no one to blame but themselves.

That's basically what I've been saying all along. ........................

Yes, I can go along with this as well.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 05:02:22 PM »
What was the result of busing? 

Students attended schools in their own segregated communities. Busing meant that White kids would (gasp!) be forced to attend schools with Blacks. Black students would be bused from their homes in "colored town" to schools near the country club, or even worse, White students would be bused from their posh neighborhoods to the ghetto. Of course, it also meant that money would be spend on buses, drivers, fuel and such, rather than school supplies.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »
What the frell are you blathering about?   How is this anything to do wirh the Trump phenomenon?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 06:13:37 AM »
I was answering Plane's question.

The campaign against busing was essentially racist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 03:17:49 PM »
And rhe support for black only proms isn't?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 05:56:49 PM »
I have not heard of any Black people requesting exclusively Black proms in Florida. The purpose of an integrated school is to have an integrated society. If the White students and the Black students were to both want and requewst separate proms, because they like different music or something, then that would not be racist any more than nightclubs that cater to Blacks by playing rap & hiphop and to Whites by playing country western or square dancing or whatever, that would be a matter of choice. If both proms were open to anyone who wanted to attend regardless of race, then that would not be racist at all.

Separate proms is not any sort of contentious issue in this country. That is the sort of crap they blather about on ratbag rightwing radio. NOT a real issue. This is just a rare occurrence in tiny hick towns in Alabama and Mississippi.

The tradition was to have separate school districts for Whites and Black, and to support them with property taxes from the segregated communities in which they were located. This resulted in Black schools  that got about a third as much financial support as White schools.

The campaign against busing was a way of maintaining separate and usually unequal schools.

The main purpose of a school is education, not dances and parties.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 07:59:29 PM »
Not talking about Florida in general, as you weren't speaking of buses specifically in Florida either.  The point being, all across this country there's a growing push...BY BLACK ACTIVISTS....supporting Black only events & organizations.  So, how is that NOT racist, in the same vane as segregating blacks back in the era when Democrats supported wide spread bus segregation?  You realize it doesn't require the parameters of "contentious" to make something racist.