Author Topic: No open Carry at the GOP Convention! More Government Oppression!  (Read 2362 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No open Carry at the GOP Convention! More Government Oppression!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25:34 AM »
Nor is it a rational suggestion.  Actually the polar opposite of the point having been made.....especially in what the 2nd Amendment is all about,  and what the NRA stands for
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:34:52 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 05:11:02 AM »
  There are occasions when many armed persons are gathered.

without shooting

There seems to be a presumption that guns reach critical mass and shoot by themselves.

if there are too many

What is the history of armed gatherings?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 08:00:18 AM »
I have no idea what would happen. But it is not happening, because guns will be outlawed at the GOP Convention by agents of "Big Governnment".

Maybe no one would be shot. Who knows?

So far no one has been shot at any political convention, so far as I know.

Thanks to "Big Government".  But the moron gun nuts continue to insist that more guns make everyone safer.

The is because they are, in fact, morons.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 12:36:54 PM »
While ignorant morons keep perpetuating the myth that it's simply a matter of more guns that make us safer, when its more guns in the hands of law abiding responsible citizens that does      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 03:10:25 PM »
Conventions have been safe so far and I don't think the delegates were armed.

But many Second Amendment fans constantly claim that Obama is a Muslim Communist who cannot be trusted and who does not want Americans to be safe. Hence people should protect themselves by packing heat everywhere they go. The Secret Service does take orders from the same untrustworthy Commie Muslim president.

And yet they trust the Secret Service, and docilely accept that the be defended by these same people commanded by the evil Muslim Commie Obama.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 04:41:53 PM »
Conventions have been safe so far and I don't think the delegates were armed.

That's because there's a mass of armed security within and outside the convention, and not just Secret Service    ::)

But many Second Amendment fans constantly claim that Obama is a Muslim Communist who cannot be trusted and who does not want Americans to be safe. Hence people should protect themselves by packing heat everywhere they go. The Secret Service does take orders from the same untrustworthy Commie Muslim president.

And right on cue, come the misrepresentations.  NO, no one is claiming that people should "pack heat everywhere they go".  Not me, not the GOP, not the NRA.  But to placate the one point of truth, policies that Obama and the lunatic left push, to make it harder and harder for law abiding citizens to own and carry firearms.  Now, you're the only one claiming that's what he wants to do.  Whether that's his want, or simply he's ignorant of the repercussions of those policies, the result is that it absolutely make us less safe....so to recap, it's the more guns IN THE HANDS OF RESPONSIBLE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, is what makes us safer.  Not just more guns

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 10:40:13 PM »
You cannot get around the fact that you ultra right wing gun nuts are entrusting your very lives to the corrupt and untrustworthy Commie Muslim terrorist government of Barack Hussein Obama.  Of course, this is not a problem because most of you do not believe your own bullshit.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 10:41:21 PM »
  I do not trust the Secret Service absolutely.

The last few years they have had four demoralizing scandals or failures.

Oh well, ...they are pretty good , and I do favor their being just as well armed as the average citizen.

Don't you favor Hillary Clinton going to her convention with a phalanx of well armed men and women?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 10:45:16 PM »
I am not the one who thinks the government is the problem, I have no problem with the Secret Service guarding the conventions.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 10:51:22 PM »
You cannot get around the fact that you ultra right wing gun nuts are entrusting your very lives to the corrupt and untrustworthy Commie Muslim terrorist government of Barack Hussein Obama.  Of course, this is not a problem because most of you do not believe your own bullshit.
Who is getting around what?
President Obama seems to not understand his role as guardian of our liberty, and he certainly does not understand our own role as the guardian of our own liberty.

I would rather have had Herman Cain or John McCain , but I don't get everything I want. I think we just have to suffer through a bad president now and then.

Were you disappointed that the Justice department sold a carload of weapons to law breaking Mexicans?
There were exactly the sort of gun that was limited by the assault weapons ban, but our Justice department arms drug smugglers with them?

So for a little while it was easier to get our governments blessing on an AK47 semiautomatic rifle being sold to a Mexican with a conviction or two than an American with a clean record.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 10:59:26 PM »
I am not the one who thinks the government is the problem, I have no problem with the Secret Service guarding the conventions.

Do you have a problem with the Secret Service letting an intruder run across the Whitehouse lawn and through the side door?

Do you have a problem with the Secret Service hiring prostitutes for the team?

Have you noticed any signs that the Secret Service is demoralized?

These are human beings , they did not become moral paragons or supermen when they were given a Civil Service ID card.

If you had three thousand of these guys in a big room, all armed , would a shooting be certain to happen?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 11:18:28 PM »
 If you had three thousand of these guys in a big room, all armed , would a shooting be certain to happen?

I have no idea.\

If you do not trust the Secret Service, then you should advocate packing heat to the Convention.

I do not think the Secret Service is incompetent now, but I do not claim to be an expert.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 11:20:49 PM »
My point is not that the Secret Service is incompetent , rather that they are human beings.

Is your point that almost everyone is incompetent ?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:49 PM »

No they're not.  This is merely the GOP convention, and the Secret Service aren't a bunch of fascist goons about to take down anyone that speaks il will of the Furer Obama    ::)

and as I said before, if I were some rich liberal able to hire my own armed personal guards, or some leftist politician surrounded by armed Secret Service, I could irrationally argue why anyone else needs a gun.  That's the bubble the left lives in