Author Topic: Campus Lunacy  (Read 12717 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Campus Lunacy
« on: March 30, 2016, 06:08:35 PM »
...or perhaps better titled, Student Snowflakes.  As it would appear that one of the commonalities that Sanders (& Clinton) are generating, is a growing chorus of malcontent students, who are so fragile, that the slightest phrase can apparently cause them considerable mental hardship.  The erection of so called "safe zones".  The notion that simply posting #trump 2016 is akin to violence.  I heard a story today where a black student got all upset after seeing some white guy in dreadlocks, and how dare he try to "co-opt her culture".  Good God    :o

This is a generation of ignorant millineals, who have no fricken clue about our Constutition, and in particular the 1st amendment.  The freedom of speech includes speech that could possibly make your blood boil.  Those that support the Constitution like myself, would defend someone's right to say something I would otherwise totally abhor.  THAT's what seperates us from so many other countries on this globe.  THATs what seperates us from a colonial England, a communist Russia, or a Fascist Germany
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Campus Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:48:20 PM »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:50:41 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »
That surely applies to you, sirs.

Some fools have sure manipulated you good. Like The Great Divine Chiroproctorapologist in the Sky Himself.

Some students are easily manipulated, others are not. So what else is new. It isn't like your pissing and moaning about them here will change one damned thing,
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 02:41:13 PM »
Professor Deflection strikes again.    ::)    Please let us know when you plan on joining the adults' table to this thread

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »
I am at the Adult's table, junior.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »
No, you're not.  Age has nothing to do with it.  Implying I post things to "change" how these ignorant millennials are behaving is a child like deflection.  This is a debate forum.  You're the one who embraces the notion that is a pissing & moaning forum, otherwise you would have addressed the points being raised, vs your standard deflection tactic 

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »
SIRS....the intolerance of the Left is becoming more and more obvious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shRtVAPjnKs
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 04:43:20 PM »
Oh, it's downright blatant now     >:(

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 04:57:06 PM »
that means when I eventually go back to college I`ll be scaring the kids with my hard questions. more fun for me. might be true I notice in my last job  I exceeded all my coworker in focus. I was way less qualified than everybody and my experience is totally outdated. I see a great dependence in tech that cause them to not problem solve very well. I call me  macguyver over there. the young today just seem more frail to me

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 05:05:50 PM »
Oh, you can't be giving them hard questions now.....it could cause them long term mental instability and hardship.  Definately could be taken as offensive.  In fact, if the class is a majority minority, you could be in violation of performing a racist act

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:05:09 PM »
                                             Hard Questions have an intrinsic value.

Should college have plenty of them?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:11:47 PM »
College should be a place where all sorts of ideas are discussed. That was what we did at NMSU when I attended there in the 1960's.

I first went to a Southern Baptist College in my home town. There was no comparison. The people I knew at NMSU were far more intellectual.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »
I visited the campus of East New Mexico University a few years ago, it is a few miles south of Clovis.

I liked it there , I perused the museum they maintain there.

Bought a Greyhound TeeShirt.

Didn't get to discuss much, I was not there long enough.

Exploring the deep ideas takes time.

Also required , a certain amount of forgiveness and freedom.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 11:32:06 PM »
EMSU is in Portales. Lots of Texans. I have only driven through Portales.  NMSU (Enema Shoe) is in Las Cruces in the Rio Grande valley. There is a symmetrical mountain behind the campus, called Aggie Mountain by the students.It has a huge whitewashed A on it.

The local Indians have another name for it and celebrate carrying torches up the mountain of Christmas and Easter.

For fun activities, we water skied in irrigation ditches, towed by a car.  You have not water skied until you have  done it at 60 mph. behind a cloud of dust.

The big danger was hitting a tumbleweed. Ouch.

We used to get a pickup and collect huge bunches of tumbleweeds and throw them into a gulch. When you have them oiled up 20 feet high then you set fire to them. WHOOSH!  You can see the flash for miles.  Once the police came to investigate. We passed them on the road back to town. By the time they got there, all the tumbleweeds had burned up. I suspect it is illegal. But it was fun.