Author Topic: Thou shalt not speak Arabic  (Read 4401 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Thou shalt not speak Arabic
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 09:33:37 PM »
  I like to think we have discovered that it is closer to Jesus intent that only volunteers be made Christian.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 11:02:05 PM »
 So did we move in the right direction?

How did that happen?
==================================================
Yes, forced conversions to Christianity  were commonplace as recently as the 1950s in Australia. Children were abducted by the Aboriginal Services workers and enrolled in Christian schools where they were punished for speaking any of the many Aboriginal tongues,They were forced to attend Christian church and were punished if they started talking about the dreamtime and pointing the bone and such. The same happened in Canada in the US.

Why was this stopped?

Because the UN Charter outlawed colonialist practices like this. The leaders eventually prevented churches from abducting native children.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 11:21:34 PM »
I believe it went on in Canada up until the 1960's.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 11:59:47 PM »
I think that is correct.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »
I think that everyone has learned not to make jokes about bombs to TSA employees,
Speaking Arabic on a plane is not essential. It could be cause for concern. The passenger was delayed and he got his money back.
This is a rather murky area. Some passengers on the plane could have panicked if this guy was on the plane after take off, and it could have been far worse.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 12:40:28 PM »
Well definately don't bring homemade projects on a plane. I made a ironmsn arc reactor that is placed on my chest. Totally wrong to bring to the AirPort. Anyone with serious electronics background will know it harmless but most layperson will not recognize a 9 voly battery powering a computer fan is harmless

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »
Well definately don't bring homemade projects on a plane. I made a ironmsn arc reactor that is placed on my chest. Totally wrong to bring to the AirPort. Anyone with serious electronics background will know it harmless but most layperson will not recognize a 9 voly battery powering a computer fan is harmless

You are so right, this might make a Saturday Night Live  skit, but in a big crowd of real people there would surely be one who can't tell a homemade clock from a homemade bomb.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 04:31:16 AM »
Tv and movie has taught us any clock looks like a bomb so It would definitely be more than one. Now I did design bombs in my head like any healthy teen with interest of fire and things that blowup. Most of them would of blownup in my face. One of the advantages of being a easily scared teenager. I can proudly say if I was more manly I would likely be dead now. Thier some really bad designs. I actually thought I could grind up silver fulminate. That's dangerous dumb