Author Topic: Colorado Supreme Court says: Let them eat cake  (Read 7234 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Colorado Supreme Court says: Let them eat cake
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 02:42:32 AM »
And like RvW, it was the wrong one
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 03:09:51 AM »
LOL, that's a matter of opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...But it's been interesting.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »
With all due respect, H, 98% of everything here is an opinion.  Your belief that the Colorado Supreme court got it right, is an opinion.  Xo's position that the Supreme court got it wrong with Citizens United is an opinion.  Anything you believe the court got wrong, is an opinion.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »
Anything not in the Bible is to sirs, an opinion.

Things that contradict words spoken by flaming shrubbery are wrongful opinions.

Luckily, flaming shrubbery has been mute for the past 30 centuries or so.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 01:13:25 PM »
And xo, gets it wrong again.  What a shocker

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »
Are you claiming that the Lord does not assume the role of talking shrubbery in your favorite Holy Book?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »
I have no clue what that's supposed to mean.  I simply demonstrated how wrong again you were in implying that I've claimed everything in the bible is some supposed scientific fact. 

Boy, if we had a dollar for every claim you've gotten wrong, we might be able to pay off the national debt

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
A right is a right is a right.  People in this country, have a constitutional right not to be forced to turn from their religious beliefs (which would include not performing a function, no different than Bruce Spingsteen.  Actually more so, since the Boss isn't declining based in anything religion, but some manner of principals)...

If I were a Nazi convention, I don't think I would want to eat a cake baked by a Jewish baker, Nor y=would I want to make any Jew richer.

But aside from the idiotic aspects of  people who think Jeezuz wants them to refuse to bake cakes, Hnumpah is  right.

So Nazis are much more fastidious than LGBTs?
And we've come full circle
[

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 04:46:19 PM »
XO why is your heart full of so much anger and animosity towards followers of Christ?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »
It is interesting....

H has a point about some Evangelical Christians, practically thumping you over the head with their bible, to repent and come to Christ.  It can literally be a turn off.  I know...I've been on both sides. 

For folks that don't want to believe....that's fine.  I'll pray for them, even feel sorry for them, knowing what they're going to miss out on, but I'm neither going to denigrate them, demean their lack of faith, or...beat them over the head with a Bible until they come around

And yet, you have almost a vicious effort by some non-believers, that make it a practice to do exactly the above to believers...to denigrate them, demean their faith, and beat them over the head with scientific jargon, as if God has parameters limited to human understanding of the scientific method

Is it because......they're worried there is a God, but since they don't want to believe in one, they have to make it an agenda that as few others believe as well??  I really don't know....its a mystery to me, as it makes no sense, the level of demeaning rhetoric one comes across from non-believers, when they come across someone with faith
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:21:21 AM by sirs »

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »
It is interesting....

H has a point about some Evangelical Christians, practically tumping you over the head with their bible, to repent and come to Christ.  It can literally be a turn off.  I know...I've been on both sides. 

For folks that don't want to believe....that's fine.  I'll pray for them, even feel sorry for them, knowing what they're going to miss out on, but I'm neither going to denigrate them, demean their lack of faith, or...beat them ove the head with a Bible until they come around

And yet, you have almost a viscious effort by some non-believers, that make it a practice to do exactly the above to believers...to denigrate them, demean their faith, and beat them over the head with scientific jargon, as if God has parameters limited to human understanding of the scientific method

Is it because......they're worried there is a God, but since they don't want to believe in one, they have to make it an agenda that as few others believe as well??  I really don't know....its a mystery to me, as it makes no sense, the level of demeaning rhetoric one comes across from non-believers, when they come across someone with faith

Had to look and see which thread we're in, seems like they all turn into some anti religious rant anymore.... I keep wondering who pissed in XO's Wheaties. Damn, at some point I saw a thread by Kimba wanting to DISCUSS atheism, so I figured why not. Things went along fairly well until XO decided to turn it into an irrational rant every time he posted. I just gave up on it. Hey, have at it guys.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 05:18:32 AM »

XO why is your heart full of so much anger and animosity towards followers of Christ?

It isn't. I just see it as a silly narrative.

Jesus died for your sins.  A MIRACLE!

But then Jesus rose from the dead. WOW! Another Miracle!

It seems that what has been missed here is the basic problem with dying. The part that people really, really REALLY are averse to is STAYING DEAD.

Being dead for three days would not be all that bad if you could return to the living. Lots of people have had comas and returned and seemed to be dead for a lot  longer than Jesus.  Generally they don't regret the experience, because they have come back. The real downer about being dead is STAYING DEAD.

Let us note here that the Hebrews and a lot of other religious people sacrifice all sorts of livestock and not one dove, goat, bull or ox ever come back from the dead. Often they are served for the priest's next lunch. 

In the case of Jesus, he was eaten symbolically at the Last Supper before he was sacrificed. That is bass ackward, This is my flesh, eat my flesh. This is my blood, drink my blood.
Whoa! Wait a minute, Jesus, you do not have cloven hooves. Humans are not Kosher. Didn't we hear Jesus say that he  has come not to change the law but to fulfill it? Drinking blood of any animal is trayf (not kosher). Drinking the blood of a non kosher animal is a major violation of the LAW, not a fulfillment of it.

Now Jesus died, Then he returned a couple of times. and then, *poof!* he disappeared!

He rose from the dead body and all. But then *poof!* he vanished.

One can only suppose that Jesus is still using his body, wherever he is, or perhaps he has left it again and it is lying about on a cloud or perhaps is one of very few bodies in Heaven's cemetery.  But it has to be somewhere,

It is the refusal of Christians to discuss  topics like this that makes me want to ask them if they have ever even thought about such things.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »
Christians don't "refuse to discuss such topics".  Quite the opposite.  Christians however will  disengage in trying to argue against someone(s) who have no intention of "discussion", and would rather denigrate the entire practice, with demeaning slurs and proclamations

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 06:49:26 PM »
thats what I was trying to cover on my athiest post . I have a friend who gets very indignant about all religions and often calls them myths. hates that parking meters are off on sunday. think they cheat the city of all that church meter money.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 08:33:29 PM »
Your friend is an anti-theist not an atheist.