Author Topic: Christian preacher and wife shot dead while allegedly attacking adopted son  (Read 1463 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Local pastor, wife, shot to death; son charged with murder
By Jeff Edwards Staff Writer

The pastor of a Moulton church was remembered as a kind and loving man by church members days after he and his wife were allegedly shot to death by their adopted son on Thursday, April 21.

William Jeremy Hulsey, 42, was found dead  in the living room floor of the home at 445 Church Road in Priceville that he shared with his wife Sandra and their adopted son Andrew, Priceville police said.

Sandra Hulsey, 37, was found dead in a hallway about 10 feet from Jeremy Hulsey, according to police.

Both were shot multiple times with a 9 mm pistol, police said.

Andrew Husley, 23, was arrested without incident and charged with capital murder. He is being held in the Morgan County Jail without bail.

Jeremy and Sandra Hulsey adopted Andrew when he was about 8 years old, according to a family friend.

Jeremy Husley had been pastor at Aldridge Grove Church of Christ in Moulton for the past two years, and church members remembered him and his wife as caring people.

"They were just loved by everybody in the congregation," church member Don Alexander said. "We felt so fortunate that we were able to get him to come preach for us about two years ago."

According to the 911 transcript, Andrew Hulsey called Morgan County 911 shortly after 8 p.m. and claimed he shot his parents in self defense.

"I was attacked by my own parents and my father had a weapon in his hand, and things got out of control from there," Andrew Hulsey told the 911 operator according to the transcript.

The 911 operator asked Andrew Hulsey if he shot his father and he replied, "I had to do – I feared for my life and had to defend myself."

When the 911 operator asked if Andrew Husley had shot both of his parents, he claimed both parents had attacked him and he was defending himself.

Andrew Husley claimed his father was trying to attack him with a baton when he shot him.

Hulsey stayed on the line with 911 operators until police arrived at the scene to take him into custody.

Alexander said he finds it hard to believe that Jeremy Hulsey would attack his son.

"Jeremy was a huge man but he was just as gentle as a lamb," Alexander said. "I can't imagine him trying to kill that boy. Who knows, but I can't picture him doing anything like that. And certainly not (Sandra). She was a real tiny girl."

Alexander said Sandra Hulsey was as beloved by church members as her husband.

"She was just as humble as could be, and really smart on the Bible," Alexander said. "She knew the scriptures as well as he did. She was a real sweet person."

While Andrew Hulsey did not attend the small church regularly, he did come occasionally, and would always participate in the service, Alexander said.

"He led prayer when he came and several times when he came he led some songs as well," Alexander said. "He was kind of a quiet guy. I know he had been in trouble with the law in the past, but he seemed to have straightened his life out."

In May 2014, Andrew Hulsey was arrested for first-degree theft of property after being accused of stealing cash, ammunition and other merchandise from a pawn shop where he worked. The charges were dismissed five months ago after Andrew Hulsey completed a pretrial intervention program, according to court records.

The funeral service for Jeremy and Sandra Hulsey will be Friday at 1 p.m. at Marion County Funeral Home, 3325 E. Bexar Ave., Hamilton. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Burial will be in White House Cemetery.

Alexander said Aldridge Grove, a small church of approximately 35 people, is still in shock over the death of its pastor and his wife.

He said they have contacted another local pastor to fill in until a permanent one is hired, but it will be difficult in the coming weeks to hear sermons from someone else.

"That is hard to be on our minds right now," Alexander said. "We are all still in shock and hurting."

The Moulton, AL Advertiser
http://www.moultonadvertiser.com/news/local/article_0fbc7cc0-0cb2-11e6-a021-27650328202a.html?mode=jqm
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
This woman was clearly insane.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
How so?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
In what way is it sane to hire hitmen to massacre one's family?

I am not saying they should not lock the woman up, but a normal woman who could not stand her family might raid the bank account and take the Greyhound elsewhere,

What sane person would think that what she did could possibly improve her life?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Must have been reading 2 different stories.  I'm reading the one H posted above.  Which one are you reading from?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Apparently this is to remain a mystery as well.  Oh well

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The story I read was about a woman who got a couple of relatives to kill her family with no confrontation or provocation.
I see that this one is a different story. in which a preacher and his wife were shot by an adopted son who claims he was threatened with a cudgel.

Strange.

This kid was also a bit mentally disturbed, but less than the woman in the other story which I guess I read on another website.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Wasn't this story now, was it.  In other words, no insane woman to be found here