Author Topic: Safe space in school  (Read 5267 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Safe space in school
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2016, 08:40:58 AM »
They won't be.

Most people are followers, that is the way the world is set up.

The system admits few to actually lead.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2016, 02:11:28 PM »
What "system" does that, and who in that "system" produces this mythic firewall, to not allow more folks who may want to be a leader??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2016, 06:33:04 PM »
It is typical for followers to outnumber leaders.

This is because groups of whatever size can be led by few.

Except in OZ where an army that had one rifleman and a half dozen generals invaded.

Rough that was , even though no one dies in OZ.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »
I am not a political leader, but not normally a follower, either.

sirs is not any sort of leader.

What was OZ, you mean the one that where Dorothy and Toto met the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion?

There was at least one witch that was melted.

Dorothy's house fell on another,

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
Actually, I'm a leader in many ways, both at the Hospital, and in extracurricular activities.  A leader is someone who simply helps take charge of things.  As Plane indicated, there will ALWAYS be less leaders than followers, since that's generally how life works.  It's not some nefarious Republican Corporate plan to bar people from leading
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2016, 10:56:18 PM »
I don`t find it hard to get people to follow my instructions. I find I just show I know what I`m doing and the rest fall together. I do observed people who wants it tend to rely on position to get people to follow. I call them title huggers and they don`t do great.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2016, 11:08:56 PM »
I am not a political leader, but not normally a follower, either.

sirs is not any sort of leader.

What was OZ, you mean the one that where Dorothy and Toto met the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion?

There was at least one witch that was melted.

Dorothy's house fell on another,

There were a dozen OZ books by Frank Baum.
I have read several of them.

The Army Of Oz was a single individual robot who would defend very well if he was properly wound .

The army with one musketeer and six generals worked for an invading princess.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
I only read the first two of the OZ books, so I did not recognize the allusion.
My Aunt Margaret forced my cousins Susan and Martha to loan me the OZ books and in a month I had only read the first two, I think I was eight or nine at the time. I did not know they did not agree to lend the books to me, but then they threw a fit and I had to return them before I finished all of them.
I was supposed to check them out of the library, but other books interested me more.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2016, 01:18:59 PM »
I don`t find it hard to get people to follow my instructions. I find I just show I know what I`m doing and the rest fall together.

And it would appear no corporate or Republican forces conspired to prevent this, did they

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »
but not everyone does this and seem to likely title hug. the military is out of practicallity require it`s soldiers to respect the title but thiers has been whispers of fragging. the postal service is famous for it. a supervisor does not need to be friends with anyone but should show that they earn trust.

I had a job which nobody trusted the supervisor to do anything. He did not last long in that position. the damage to morale is still an issue now.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »
point being, while it can be hard to "become a leader" in certain areas, there's no nefarious plot to prevent it...... as implied earlier

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2016, 08:08:19 PM »
I actually had people tried to take my position . I laugh at them. A leadership job is a very troublesome job. I never liked doing it. I was told the reason I'm good at it was because my total lack of ambition will make me not do anything stupid. I'm too focus on doing my job. Abitious people are not the best workers.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2016, 08:12:25 PM »
 8)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2016, 08:36:31 PM »
i remember two very abitious people who got transfered out. they ARE smarter , faster and more qualified than me but found out both are very sloppy and had a very high failure rate. I never multi-task and took my time with everything.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2016, 11:00:42 AM »
I never wanted to be Department Chairman at my college and declined all attempts to get me to lead others, because at my college, the Chair was never given a budget or any power such as the power to fire or hire. If you wrote a grant, then you were responsible for seeing that the money was spent as intended. The administration put all the money in a slush fund and used the money to hire their frat brothers and sisters as administrators or just pissed it away on whatever. So I wanted no part of being responsible for seeing that money I was assigned to watch  disappear to where I could not watch it.