Author Topic: New poll finds 9 in 10 Native Americans aren't offended by Redskins name  (Read 3083 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yo moron....I have zero desire to use the n-word.   I merely point out the hypocrisy of those who use it, while others are condemned for using it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
I really enjoyed it when the Leftist assumed the worst arrogant do-gooder crowd were told to shut the hell up by the Seminole Nation and that damn straight the University of Florida State could use the Seminoles as their battle cry and approved the Indian on the horse on the sidelines of football games. The "everything is about race" crowd rushing in to "save the world" I laughed at!

"Throughout the reservation, loyalty to Florida State is declared on mailboxes with "FSU #1 FAN" stickers, and on pickup trucks with vanity plates"
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/24/sports/florida-state-can-keep-its-seminoles.html

Watch this video and weep Liberals that were basically told to sit the F down & shut the hell up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQcNEPulVO8

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:44:14 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  Does the Seminole tribe have a real relationship with the Seminole football team?

I could like seeing a two way benefit.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Seminole is a Creek word for "renegade". The Seminoles were the Indians that renounced farming and the White man's ways and the Christian religion and  headed south into the swamps of Florida.

I am sure that a few Seminoles have attended Florida State and graduated.

The tradition is to name teams after fierce beasts: Lions, Tigers, Eagles, Wildcats, Panthers, Timber wolves, Bobcats, Bears, and such.
The problem is that there a shortage of fierce beasts. The Moa of New Zealand was eight feet tall, but the Maoris seem to have killed and eaten them before their fierceness was appreciated.

The dinosaur extinction was NOT a boon for those naming pro football teams.

So then they resorted to fierce humans: Vikings, Buccaneers, Pirates. Titans are somehow less convincing than Giants.
\
Baseball is less aggressive and honors less aggressive types. cardinals, bluejays, cubs and orioles and even footwear: redsox, whitesox.

Washington himself had slaves, but I imagine that a lot of players would reject the name "Washington Slaves".

What would be a better name for the Redskins?  Perhaps in out own small way we could end the controversy by coming up with a better name.

The Washington  Lobbyists? The Washington Filibusterers?  The Washington Committeemen?  The Washington Washintonians?
They could move the Stadium and be the Chevy Chasers. The Prince Georgians would be confusing. Perhaps the Washington Potomacs?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  Those are some good names XO.

I think I have said this before they could be the Washington Rednecks , but we will want them to win more games if they do that.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
They could keep the name and change the logo to a redskin peanut or a redskin potato.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."