Author Topic: Stanford rape case  (Read 2665 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Stanford rape case
« on: June 10, 2016, 01:22:14 PM »
Im curious if anyone here in the past week heard of this. Locally its the mainthing. A boy has been convicted and given 6months. The response has been extreme due to the judge not eanting to ruin the boy's future from this.

I ask because if this news is a national outrage it'll actually address campus sexual assualt. Not just something that gets brushed under the rug.

Im kinda against how public this is though . Not potentially but likely the innocent will get hurts at such public outrage

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Stanford rape case
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »
Oh believe me Kimba, this is getting national recognition.....and deservingly so.  The Judge was WAY out of line for such a ridiculously light sentence....literally proclaiming how anything greater would be a detriment....to the rapist.  It's this kind of garbage, that perpetuates the stereotype of a rigged racist system.  This wasn't so much rigged, as much as Stanford folk, looking out for themselves.  If it was racist, you'd think conservatives would be defending the judge (if people actually bought the leftist tripe).  You'll see no such support or defense.  Not because it wasn't racist, but because it completely ignored what this man did to an unconscious woman, that many others have gone to prison years for
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 01:56:06 PM »
Then this will bring light on campus safety issues.

I just did a quick check and Sadly I just confirmed my prediction people not involved are getting harrased and getting death threats from this. This kind of public outrage tend to go without thought and collateral damage will occur.

I got the idea from beyonce music vid which rachel ray actually got death threats caused by the vid.
People with the name brock are gonna have a hard time right now

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 02:21:59 PM »
Then this will bring light on campus safety issues.

I would hope so

I just did a quick check and Sadly I just confirmed my prediction people not involved are getting harrased and getting death threats from this. This kind of public outrage tend to go without thought and collateral damage will occur.

There will always be ignorant idiots on this globe, who don't think, and allow emotion to make most of their decisions for them.  You see alot of them protesting Trump rallies, in fact
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »
the passion on this case is quite high and I`ll predict more situation by tues.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 02:46:08 PM »
...and I'll go on record as predicting more violent outbursts by Sanders and Clinton supporters, at Trump rallies.  I think the same "passionate" mentality is fueling each

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »
Sanders and clinton supporters it seems are two differing groups and more likely sanders group are the ones who protested. Clinton seems to attract a more scholarly crowd

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »
I don't see how this rape case has anything at all to do with the presidential election It was a very gross crime and the punishment  was puny compared to the actual offense. Added to this  still were the comments by men (the judge and the perp's father especially about this,
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 05:50:24 AM »
   How exactly do we measure the damage the victim has suffered?

This is not easy to do, but it is the needed first step in deciding the scale of the punishment.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 11:42:46 AM »
this has multiple issues which one is about  the victim was not awake . this gives thought was the victim truely traumatized. i`ll not go into detail but the verdict to me gives the impression that this is considered a less severe crime and may give a green light to other priviledged students.

i said priviledged because the judge did actually factor the boy`s background .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 01:24:13 PM »
i said priviledged because the judge did actually factor the boy`s background .

Some educated rich kid should be much LESS likely to commit such a crime, as he is supposed to know better than some punk kid.
If anything, he should deserve more harsh treatment than some kid whose parents are an addict and a wife beater.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 01:25:54 PM »
I don't see how this rape case has anything at all to do with the presidential election

The connection was the mindset of idiots....ignorant twits, who base the bulk of their decision making on emotion (i.e. death threats to folks not involved in any way to the case at issue, Sanders/Clinton protesters, who rationalize that their acts of violence are justified at Trump rallies)  THAT was the connection.  Nothing more

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:45:34 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »
There is no connection at all.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 01:32:25 PM »
I just demonstrated how there was, (the idiots making death threats to people not involved, and the idiots making violence a hallmark of their acts at Trump rallies).  You're free to ignore it of course, but I clearly layed out the connection I'm referring to.  Are you making public your intent of being part of the ignorant crowd?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »
There is no connection.You are an imbecile