Author Topic: The Goracle  (Read 4266 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Goracle
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 04:33:11 AM »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 04:41:27 AM »
ROFL
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 04:19:04 AM »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 04:23:31 AM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 04:26:03 AM »

yellow_crane

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »

Thanks for the cartoons showing a particularly vicious and vile bile towards Gore.

After Gore's film, they serve a purpose and timely.

Because of the immediate and tremendous impact of Gore's film, and because he just gave national coherence and audience to the most prioritus problem we have, people might prematurely relax, might think they will clean up their act on their own (no joke is bigger), and no war will have to be fought.

Gore's film, for which he won an oscar, has now taken the problem of our national disgrace (corporate greed, the anti-christ) out of a corporate created nonfocus, and put it into a new and real focus.

By his film, Gore has unspun global warming.

Now America will see the image of what's real beyond the pseudo-science and acidic condescentions from such folks as Rush, OReilly and Sirs.

For my part, I hope the war against the too-rapid pollution of the planet by the invidiously greedy is won. 

But what I would really savor is the Nuremburg-like tribunals that identify and justly punish the "scientists" who produced spin and lies on demand suggesting that the whole concept of global warming was a fiction by liberals.

Their crimes have gravely threatened the lives of all humanity.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 06:51:19 PM »
But what I would really savor is the Nuremberg-like tribunals that identify and justly punish the "scientists" who produced spin and lies on demand suggesting that the whole concept of global warming was a fiction by liberals.

Isn't that what they used re-education camps for. My guess is that a Nuremberg type trial might be too risky to the global warming crowd. Contrary facts to the established dogma could be introduced in the defense of these recalcitrants.

Best just cuff them and disappear them.

yellow_crane

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »
But what I would really savor is the Nuremberg-like tribunals that identify and justly punish the "scientists" who produced spin and lies on demand suggesting that the whole concept of global warming was a fiction by liberals.

Isn't that what they used re-education camps for. My guess is that a Nuremberg type trial might be too risky to the global warming crowd. Contrary facts to the established dogma could be introduced in the defense of these recalcitrants.

Best just cuff them and disappear them.

The key is in the fact the film has turned the debate around, or begun to.

Irreversibly.

No longer will people hear the rhetoric and drift into a created dumbed-down doubt, the one created by the Far Right to obfuscate the real science.

But you see smug as all hell.  If you can produce sources that really confute what most real scientists know, bring them on. 

On the issue, a long and protracted debate should include a vigorous and complete investigation of the sources, their center, and their root--corporate connection and money.

The corporations have spent small fortunes on creating a campaign to discredit the global warming science.  In truth, many remained silent.  But now, because of the tides, many will step forward.

Gore is going to win a nobel.  George W's cred is in the toilet.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »
But you see smug as all hell.  If you can produce sources that really confute what most real scientists know, bring them on. 

On the issue, a long and protracted debate should include a vigorous and complete investigation of the sources, their center, and their root--corporate connection and money.

The corporations have spent small fortunes on creating a campaign to discredit the global warming science.  In truth, many remained silent.  But now, because of the tides, many will step forward.

Gore is going to win a nobel.  George W's cred is in the toilet.

My sourse was you demanding a Nuremberg trial for those who dare to dissent.  I believe i quoted you verbatim in my previous post as i simply cut and pasted what you said.

Do you now deny saying it?

I believe sun activity probably has as much to do with global warming and cooling as man does. Probably more. I have posted articles about it, so has Religious Dick.

And i take particular exception to folks salving their consciences with carbon offset purchases and other accounting gimmicks.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »
And i take particular exception to folks salving their consciences with carbon offset purchases and other accounting gimmicks.

So true.  That has got to be some of the most pathetic leftist elitist garbage I have yet to come across.  Basically, if you have the money you can "pay for your conservation", while still flying private jets, driving 8 cylinder SUV's & Limos, and use 20X more energy than you or I.  It really is apallaing     >:(

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 01:13:47 AM »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »

Not confute, exactly, but the scientists at the EPA have said:

The addition of greenhouse gases and aerosols has changed the composition of the atmosphere. The changes in the atmosphere have likely influenced temperature, precipitation, storms and sea level. However, these features of the climate also vary naturally, so determining what fraction of climate changes are due to natural variability versus human activities is challenging. (emphasis added)
Recent Climate Change

This shows that it's still not known how much human activity has influenced the climate change, contrary to Gore's claim that scientists "know" the majority of global warming is caused by humans.

Or, as I've more succintly phrased it in the past "Scientists agree that global warming is happening; what scientists do not agree on is the degree of human influence on global warming."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 04:10:56 AM »