Author Topic: 1st Clinton gets slapped by the FBI, now McAuliffe gets slapped by VA Supremes  (Read 1507 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
While xo attempts to imply that the voter ID law in Texas was some direct effort to keep people from voting Democrat, the Virgina Supreme Court squelched the most transparent effort ever, in a Democrat leader, in this case a governor, to try and squeeze Democrat votes from a rock...in this case McAuliffe's unprecedented unilateral exectutive order to give voting rights to convicted felons

There are consequences to actions, especially those that are criminal, especially those that are felonies.  The Court told McAullife, its not your call.  So thankfully, the state of Virginia will remain felon free when it comes to those who vote come Nov.  Now, if we can just get the left to stick to voting only once, and only if actually alive
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
   Is there any effort to prevent those without proper ID from getting them?

If they are all Democratic voters, seems like it would be a good investment for the Democrats to round these people up , carry them to the courthouse and gain IDs for them.

Not only would these people be able to vote , totally foiling the nasty attempt to prevent their enfranchisement, but the day after voting day they would have the ID that they need for applications for jobs, government benefits , credit cards , education..etc..

Come to think of it , this might be a good investment for the Republican party too.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Why should a person be deprived of the right to vote after they have served their sentence and paid for their crimes?  Why do people who claim this is a Christian country have problems with forgiveness?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Why should a person be deprived of their Constitutional right to a firearm after they have served their sentence and paid for their crimes? 

hmmmmmmmm?

Or is it only "rights" that benefit Democrats?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Why should a person be deprived of the right to vote after they have served their sentence and paid for their crimes?  Why do people who claim this is a Christian country have problems with forgiveness?

I could see returning the right to vote and carry firearms to people who have completed their sentence or made parole.

I am uncomfortable with having a lot of second class citizens , those rights should be hard to loose and easy to get back.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Voting and owning a firearm are not the same thing, now, are they?

I can see allowing someone convicted of a crime that did not involve a firearm being allowed to own a gun permit.
I think someone who shot his wife with a gun in a fit of anger would be a different situation.

How about John Hinckley, who shot and killed James Brady as well as a policeman? Would you fee comfortable living next door to him if he owned an AR 15?
I am sure that I wouldn't.  I could live with him voting, though.

If Hinckley had not tried to assassinate the president, and say, only shot a 7-11 clerk, he might be free today.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Which are you thinking is the greater or more important?

In my opinion these two things are interdependent and one would have perished long ago without the other.

If a mind is too squirrely to be allowed self defense , what is this minds proper role in choosing  leadership?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:35:57 PM by Plane »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Actually they are....both being rights of American citizens.  One of them an actual constitutional right.  If, as you say, a person has payed their debt to society, then by all means, you should be supporting all those rights that were stripped from them, when they were convicted

I can see allowing someone convicted of a crime that did not involve a firearm being allowed to own a gun permit.
I think someone who shot his wife with a gun in a fit of anger would be a different situation.

Not, as you claim,  have served their time and as such, payed for their crimes

How about John Hinckley, who shot and killed James Brady as well as a policeman? Would you fee comfortable living next door to him if he owned an AR 15?

I'm not the one arguing that some felon should be returned their rights.  That's all you.  Oh wait, its only those rights that would help Democrats.  My bad....please continue with the hypocritical position