Author Topic: Looks like we are at war with North Korea again.  (Read 4679 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looks like we are at war with North Korea again.
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 10:49:04 PM »

If the God were really the inspiration for the Bible, it would be more intelligible.

Perhaps she could explain more to you?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/bible-is-biggest-influence-on-my-thinking-says-hillary-clinton-121541/

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 12:01:06 AM »
I really doubt it.

The Greatest Story I was ever told was One Hundred Years of Solitude, bu Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
The Second Greatest was Catch-22, by Joseph Heller
The Third Greatest was also not the Bible.

Hillary is welcome to her opinion, and so are you.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 06:06:42 PM »
  Do you think that is Hillary's real opinion?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »
I think that all politicians lie about their religious beliefs because unless they do, they would not be elected. If they were really so stupid to believe all the standard Christian mythology, they would be too stupid to govern. A lot of people realize that the mythology is crap, but simply choose not to think about it with any degree of rational thought at all. Many people are brainwashed so very effectively as children they are incapable of entertaining the total improbability of the mythology.

I don't think that Hillary or Trump would make decisions based on what they learned in Vacation Bible School.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 12:10:37 AM »

I don't think that Hillary or Trump would make decisions based on what they learned in Vacation Bible School.

This is more like what I think of them both.

Hillary is willing to say that her prime guidance is the Bible , this does not make me think her smart , it makes me incredulous.

Trump is not as artful, but the pretense is the same with less paint.

It is the word of Jesus that we will know trees by their fruits.

Trump has borne sharp dealings and barely legal aggrandizement.

Hillary has steamrollered her enemies and browbeat her teammates, and engages in   extralegal procedures to make her movements mysterious to the American people.

Oh yes , and also barely legal aggrandizement.

It is very hard to find a way that Trump is bad , but that Hillary is not worse.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 12:29:05 PM »
Hillary is far more predictable than Trump. She would continue along the same path as Obama.

No one has the foggiest idea of what Trump would do. Everyone knows that he cannot bring back assembly line jobs again. Any jobs that do return from China would return with robots doing most of the labor.

Last night (Tuesday the 19th) they were supposed to talk about "Making America work again" They deeply craved to dump on Obama ruining the economy, which is a bit hard to do, being as when  he took office on Jan 20, 2009 the DJIA, S&P 500 and NASDAQ were 1440,804, and 7949, and at yesterday's closing the same were 18600, 2173 and 5085, respectively. Numbers do not lie.

The problem is that nearly all the increase has gone to guys like The Donald, who prefer to manufacture their $50 neckties in China and make an extra 60ยข apiece on them.  Trump lies, he knows he is lying, but  as Goebbels stated, the Big Lie repeated often enough will always get some believers,  It is the terminally stupid and ignorant who  believe him after he tells the same lies a dozen times.

That sorta makes it very difficult to declare, as Trump does, that the country is worse off than it was when Juniorbush left. Because in most ways, it isn't.
Even the far right says that the murder rate is down. Americans are safer than they were during the Bush years.

Trump has no plan. The man who actually wrote "The Art of the Deal" said it quite well when he said that Trump has the attention span of a gnat. he is not capable of writing his own book. He is not capable of having a plan. He is not wise enough to distinguish between a person who has a workable plan and one who has an unworkable plan.  And the traditional GOP belief that lowering taxes will always raise revenues has been proven false.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »
Hillary is far more predictable than Trump. She would continue along the same path as Obama.

...and a far more incompotent version at that.  Thank you for the reminder as to why Trump is more likely to win now

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 07:49:37 PM »

Thank you, I could not have written a better reason for voting for Trump if I took all day.

So Hillary deserves the votes of all of the people who are paying less for medical care than seven years ago. Not the vote of all those who are paying a lot more for lesser coverage.

Hillary deserves the votes of everyone who has had better than average raises over the last seven years , but not the votes of anyone that spent more time unemployed than employed these years.

Hillary deserves the votes of everyone who thinks that race relations over the last seven years have significantly improved, but not the votes of anyone who has been watching the news .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 08:00:30 PM »
BINGO!!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle