Author Topic: Bernie Protesters: "Hell No We Wont Vote For Hillary"  (Read 14553 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bernie Protesters: "Hell No We Wont Vote For Hillary"
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »
So you're implying that minorities never have any time that they're not working and are too dumb to find a location??

Seriously??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 08:26:36 PM »
  It took six hours and a lot of work and frustration , but you did it.

Because you are white.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 10:10:04 PM »
I was able to do it because I am RETIRED. I have no job. I do a Silver Sneakers class three times per week, but attendance is not obligatory.
College professors have flexible schedules.
Many poor people have schedules that make it very difficult to visit the DMV where all licenses and IDs are issued. The DMV's used to be open on Saturdays, but Rick Scott closed them to save money, he said.

He cut off early voting in 2008 as well. More economy. I had to wait six hours to vote for Obama.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 10:11:26 PM »
  It took six hours and a lot of work and frustration , but you did it.

Because you are white.

That sure seems to be what xo is implying.  He's just smarter than blacks...and they apparently are always working, so they can never take any time to do....anything, other than work
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 10:34:49 PM »
I was able to do it because I am RETIRED.

Did you get your first ID when you retired?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 11:49:32 PM »
i got all my government issue stuff when i`m not working so yes it`s very possible minorities have it tough to getting ID`s

passport took me three months to get and only because the clerk took pity in me. i really didn`t think I would get it. my citizen papers did match my ID. foretunately I`m not a rare case and the clerk is familiar.  lets just saY obama had it way easier than me.

did you know certain types of birth certificates actually expire . the guy im front of me had that happened. the clerk told me that happens every few months.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 07:56:49 AM »
I did not say that they prevented all Blacks from voting. The goal is simply to prevent as many as possible.
In Florida the standard  ID is a drivers license,
If you are poor, and drive to work, the insurance is expensive, and poor people let it lapse.
They are more likely to get stopped, for sure. Every time I see someone stopped, it is a Black person.
I have not been stopped for ten years now. I admit that I am a very careful driver and always signal and exhibit courtesy, while most drivers here are rude, fail to signal and will hook at you to go even if the light has not turned green.

If you are stopped, and do not have your insurance. the cops call a tow truck that will put your car in an impound lot and it will cost at least $200 to get it out. The cop will also take your license away from you. If you do not bail your car out, they sell it without a title to a junkyard. And if you owe money on it, you will still be liable to pay off the loan.

Poor people are ruined when this happens.
They are so pissed off they just forget about getting an ID card. They don't want to give the State of Florida another nickel.

In some of my classes, half the students had lost their licenses. Sure, they should have wised up and paid for the insurance. I found this out when students stopped coming to class.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
Moral of the story, obey the laws of this country, and there will be no negative impact as a result

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 01:45:26 PM »
IIRC Kimba, this man was shot not for raising his hands or even not obeying some command.  He was accidentally shot from a stray bullet.  That doesn't excuse the fact he was shot, but let's make sure not to infer something that didn't happen, such as rasing his hands, only to be aimed at and shot by police

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »
all three shots from a rifle aimed at the disabled man with a toy truck and missed is a stray shots

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »
In one word, yes. 

Do you know how many times police shoot at suspects and miss??  It's more than 50%.  I recall a shootout in NY not too long ago, where hundreds of rounds were fired by police, and only hit the suspect a scant few.  Contrary to popular belief, despite the training, police can get caught up with adrenaline, just as much as the next person, and what should be automatic, becomes.....less so....as it relates to aiming and targeting.  That's a sad commentary, on the training of law enforcement, but a true one

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »
i got all my government issue stuff when i`m not working so yes it`s very possible minorities have it tough to getting ID`s

passport took me three months to get and only because the clerk took pity in me. i really didn`t think I would get it. my citizen papers did match my ID. foretunately I`m not a rare case and the clerk is familiar.  lets just saY obama had it way easier than me.

did you know certain types of birth certificates actually expire . the guy im front of me had that happened. the clerk told me that happens every few months.

All other things being equal, would you have had an easy time getting ID and benefits if you were white?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »
I did not say that they prevented all Blacks from voting. The goal is simply to prevent as many as possible.
In Florida the standard  ID is a drivers license,
If you are poor, and drive to work, the insurance is expensive, and poor people let it lapse.
They are more likely to get stopped, for sure. Every time I see someone stopped, it is a Black person.
I have not been stopped for ten years now. I admit that I am a very careful driver and always signal and exhibit courtesy, while most drivers here are rude, fail to signal and will hook at you to go even if the light has not turned green.

If you are stopped, and do not have your insurance. the cops call a tow truck that will put your car in an impound lot and it will cost at least $200 to get it out. The cop will also take your license away from you. If you do not bail your car out, they sell it without a title to a junkyard. And if you owe money on it, you will still be liable to pay off the loan.

Poor people are ruined when this happens.
They are so pissed off they just forget about getting an ID card. They don't want to give the State of Florida another nickel.

In some of my classes, half the students had lost their licenses. Sure, they should have wised up and paid for the insurance. I found this out when students stopped coming to class.

I am not going to argue with any of that , except that being black causes it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 09:27:18 PM »
All other things being equal, would you have had an easy time getting ID and benefits if you were white?

The answer would be yes due to this not exactly a racial issue but a economic one. Race plays a factor but it's pretty much about the person who can't come up with $35 --$65 . To me its so low can't remember what i paid for mine. But that does not mean it's affordable to somebody else. I was poor once and thought fastfood and frozen dinners was a luxury.