Author Topic: You have been awarded $9000 by the National Recovery Act  (Read 2159 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
You have been awarded $9000 by the National Recovery Act
« on: August 19, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
Two days ago, I got a call from some woman with what sounded like an East Indian accent, telling me that the government had awarded me $9,000 in some National Recovery Act grant, and that I was eligible because I had always paid my taxes and had never been to jail. I was supposed to call some number to claim my $9,000. Yeah, sure,

So I asked her if she knew my name. She said she did,. So I asked her what my name was. She said it was too hard to pronounce. I asked if the knew the alphabet. Of course, she said. Okay, I said, what are the Initials of my name? You know, like H S for Homer Simpson, A N for Apu Nahasapeemapetilon or Jay Cee for Jesus Christ. But she also could not do that, and hung up. OIbvuiously, all she knew about me was perhaps the phone number on her auto dialer.

I then typed in the number she gave me, which I have thrown away, but was in or around Port Angeles, WA and the word "scam", and of course found a lot of sites, including this one: https://www.consumer...ts-real-refunds.

People who would fall for this scam are of the sort that support The Donald: they think they will become rich by following a rich guy or that some day, fate will reward them for their innate superiority.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: You have been awarded $9000 by the National Recovery Act
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 12:45:32 AM »
Hillary is not a pig in a poke.

She is a pig we have had a good look at , so there is little excuse to think she is not porcine.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
Trump's swindling people with his bogus condo scams and his phony "university" is far worse than anything Hillary is accused of doing. He is hiding damning information by not  revealing his tax records.
 There is no excuse for the IRS not  making his audit a rush job in order to take away his lame excuse for not revealing them. I suspect his tax lawyers have found some way to stall the investigation.

The public should know the same information about Trump's taxes as it knows about Hillary's.
Hillary needs to harp on this more forcefully.

I was posting about a scam, and the attitudes of people who fall for get rich quick schemes, not Hillary
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:39:56 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 02:37:18 PM »
  It is hard to see how the swindles that Hillary has accomplished leave her in a more innocent condition than the swindles Trump has done.

Hillary giving speech after expensive speech to major bankers make it look like she is no the pocket of these banks , that the text of these speeches must be a better guarded secret than national defense classified documents confirms that indication.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 01:56:02 PM »
Actually bilking people as Trump did  is in every way worse than causing people to speculate on what Hillary might have said to some bankers.
If Hillary cannot be trusted by the public, why do you think the bankers can trust her?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 02:11:54 PM »
The people who would fall for this are people who believe the government has unclaimed funds just sitting and waiting for them. Most of those people would most likely vote Democrat

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 04:49:24 PM »
Precisely

Just as the vast majority, if not all of the felons, being given mass pardons by a state's Governor, just prior to an election, would vote Democrat

Two constituencies that the Democrats and Clinton are apparently banking on
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »
I did not fall for this, as it was clearly a scam.
After all, if I have $9000 coming to me, they would just mail me a check.
And they certainly would be able to tell me my initials.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »
The people who would fall for this are people who believe the government has unclaimed funds just sitting and waiting for them. Most of those people would most likely vote Democrat

Hahahahaha!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 07:21:57 PM »
I did not fall for this, as it was clearly a scam.
After all, if I have $9000 coming to me, they would just mail me a check.
And they certainly would be able to tell me my initials.

Not really , but they also would not tell you anything.

Insurance companies have been caught doing this on purpose, and if you have sold or bought a house HUD will hold your deposits until fees eat it up.

It might pay to check, but you are right , do not pay to check.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-life-insurance-investigation-lesley-stahl/

https://www.usa.gov/unclaimed-money

Plug your name into "unclaimed money" and if there is anything there you do not owe me a doughnut, just cash in.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »
I recovered $45 the State of Maryland owed me once, a tax refund.
But I did not have to pay a fee to receive it -- just provide ID.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 02:27:01 PM »
Uhm the government does has unclaimed funds waiting for people . I used to have a business trying to retrieve these funds for people but the work is very tedious and most of those funds are soo small it gets ignored still. I don't often find any large enough to inform the owner.

Ironically my parent got informed they had unclaimed funds. Sadly for the man who told my parents. I got the funds for them for free. I did not think his $800 commission worth paying.  I charged $50 when i used to do it and I used microfiche in a library basement. Not this super easy internet nonesense.