Author Topic: Round 1 to Clinton  (Read 6632 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Round 1 to Clinton
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 09:40:48 PM »
I didn't think he did very well. But I'm voting for a president, not a debate champion. Although it would be great if he could work a killshot in there next time.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 11:53:51 PM »
Trump simply has no character. I agree that presidential debates are not really debates and they are not an accurate indicator of all the attributes needed by a president.

But they do indicate some things. Trump has demonstrated that he is rude, cannot stay on a subject,. it not a logical thinker and is mostly interested in becoming the Big Swinging Dick of Planet Earth.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 01:00:31 PM »
While Clinton has no integrity.  She has demonstrated just how mean, reckless, and uncaring she can be, to obtain what she has absolutely convinced herself, belongs to her, and will do/say/take anything, to get it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »
  Trump is not my favorite, some of XOs observations are not exaggerated.

Hillary just has most of the same problems and worse.

She is also a land developer that has left customers and partners in the lurch.

She has not had a bankruptcy experience , but she was right there when her husband was president  and tossed the grandest opportunity we have seen in our generation to reduce the national debt.

Imagine , for at least six years , no deficit, and how much did the national debt decrease?

Thus, I consider Hillary a grand master authority on wasting opportunity.

Trumps experience with using bankruptcy for relief might be a much more relevant experience, viewing the finances we have right now.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 03:05:03 PM »
I alone can fix it.

Yeah, that was a clever statement.
What an ass!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 03:25:29 PM »
  Trump is not my favorite, some of XOs observations are not exaggerated.

Hillary just has most of the same problems and worse.

BINGO!!  On an exponential scale, at that.  No one is denying how flawed a candidate Trump is.  It's just amazing to see how many who hate Trump seem to believe Clinton is some stellar nominee
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 12:05:05 PM »
I alone can fix it.

Yeah, that was a clever statement.
What an ass!

That does reveal a bad attitude , but may I point out that Donald Trump  , in spite of this bad attitude , did not conspire with the Republican party hierarchy to starve any other candidates off from party rescores, did not conspire with Republican party stalwarts to withhold key information from other Republican candidates, did not stack the convention with unelected Trump delegates.

All in all I don't think Donald Trump did anything worse than insult and ridicule the other candidates , he did not work to make it impossible that they be democratically chosen. 

So between the two Donald Trump says"I alone can fix it."

And Hillary Clinton, without saying so , makes it as tough as possible for the will of the people to choose anyone else to fix it.

That is the same attitude , but Hillary is a lot less fair in action.

Sooooo......

One reason to dislike Hillary Clinton , is the love of democracy.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 08:34:30 PM »

And Hillary Clinton, without saying so , makes it as tough as possible for the will of the people to choose anyone else to fix it.

It is hardly Hillary's fault that this country has a two party system. Estonia has 1.6 million people and has six parties and none of them has ever had a majority. Nor can Hillary be blamed for campaigning well enough to get the nomination, Even without the superdelegates, she would have won.  I preferred Bernie and voted for Bernie. Since Bernie was not even a member of the Democratic Party, they did not have to allow him to run in the primary. In the entire history of the GOP, only Eisenhower was not a member of the GOP when they convinced him to run.

Ike was chosen, by the way,only because the progressives in the Party, guys like Stassen, Rockefeller, Earl Warren,and other Liberal Republicans (the faction that would be called RINOS today) knew that otherwise, their candidate would have been Bob Taft, a rather sullen guy who  was an unappealing speaker, would have been the nominee, and Stevenson would have beaten him easily.

Ike was a war hero, and so they made an exception for him. The rightwingers called Ike a Communist.

No way would today's GOP have allowed someone who was not a member of the party to run.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »

It is hardly Hillary's fault that this country has a two party system.
Actually I am blaming her for the sabotage of one of those two, the other one tripped itself without her help (I think).
Ike was chosen, by the way,only because the progressives in the Party, guys like Stassen, Rockefeller, Earl Warren,and other Liberal Republicans (the faction that would be called RINOS today) knew that otherwise, their candidate would have been Bob Taft, a rather sullen guy who  was an unappealing speaker, would have been the nominee, and Stevenson would have beaten him easily.

Ike was a war hero, and so they made an exception for him. The rightwingers called Ike a Communist.

Everyone liked Ike, he did well as a general and did well again in the rather different job of President.
No way would today's GOP have allowed someone who was not a member of the party to run.
Isn't that happening right now?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 10:41:56 AM »
No, it is not.

Trump was a registered Republican when he submitted his name for the nomination.
True, the party hacks did not like him, but they could not refuse him, because he was a registered Republican.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 12:07:58 PM »
No, it is not.

Trump was a registered Republican when he submitted his name for the nomination.
True, the party hacks did not like him, but they could not refuse him, because he was a registered Republican.

Um Hm....

And who can't do that?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 05:01:40 PM »
Is Bernie now a registered Democrat? I do not think so.
The GOP make Trump jump through several hoops, the Democrats allowed Bernie to run with no jumping.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 07:57:37 PM »
No they didn't

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 07:18:50 AM »
   I think that the Democrats made it totally impossible for Bernie Sanders to prevail , what sort of greater roadblock were you looking for?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 09:14:11 AM »
Bernie got too few votes to get the nomination, even if the super delegate votes were not figured into the total. All you have to do is the math.

Listening to Fox & Friends will not suffice.

The Republicans made it totally impossible for Ted Cruz to become their nominee, despite him having been sent by God to become president. How? By not voting for him.

It was against God's Plan! Heresy!