Author Topic: Hillarys moment of transparency and honesty.  (Read 1050 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hillarys moment of transparency and honesty.
« on: October 18, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
..................she dismissed half of Mr. Trump’s followers as “racist, sexist, homophobic.” Less well noted (but more telling), she also declared them “irredeemable.”

This is an old argument for the left. But Republicans are now hearing it from the right as well. Which puts conservative Never Trumpers in a curious position vis-à-vis government of, by and for the people: Are the tens of millions of Americans who will pull the lever for Trump come November evil too, or just invincibly stupid?

Give the Never Trumpers their due: Most do not shy away from the implication that anyone who would vote for Mr. Trump is as low and base as he is. Their problem is that the argument doesn’t seem to be having much traction with Republican voters. A Rasmussen poll released Monday found that while Mrs. Clinton enjoys the support of 78% of Democrats, Mr. Trump is supported by 74% of Republicans. Other polls show that even after all his fumbles and embarrassments, the vast majority of Republicans do not want Mr. Trump to drop out..........

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-cheap-moralizing-of-never-trump-1476745922

This is a pretty good short article about the attitude of the elite twards the Hoi Poloi as it seems to be right now.

I still count myself undecided , because I never have cared for Trump, but it is hard to pass up a chance at putting a thumb in the eye of the geniuses that are running the major parties into the ground and paying no attention to the will of the people at all.

Hillary seems to want to change our attitude , if not by reeducation then by replacement.

Trump is rude , but he seems like much less of a threat .