Author Topic: Who should be the top 3 choices to replace AG Loretta Lynch?  (Read 2559 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Who should be the top 3 choices to replace AG Loretta Lynch?
« on: November 09, 2016, 01:25:20 PM »
The EPA & Justice departments appear to hold the biggest stench of swamp-like corruption.  Who should be considered to lead the dept and the draining of the swamp?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:29:32 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Who would be the top 3 choices to replace AG Loretta Lynch?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »
per Politico: (but SIRS I think we can do better....someone younger, with no baggage)

Trump Attorney general

People close to Trump say former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, one of Trump's leading public defenders, is the leading candidate for attorney general. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, another vocal Trump supporter and the head of the president-elect's transition team, is also a contender for the job, though any role in the Cabinet for Christie could be threatened by the Bridgegate scandal.

Another possibility: Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, though the controversy over Trump's donation to Bondi could undercut her nomination.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »
I think Guliani would be stellar, while I agree Bondi may come across as too much Clinton-like action.  But better yet......Trey Gowdy!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »
I think Guliani would be stellar, while I agree Bondi may come across as too much Clinton-like action.  But better yet......Trey Gowdy!

Rudy is 72 years old. I suppose these days that is not too old....Trump is 70?
I like Trey Gowdy!

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Who should be the top 3 choices to replace AG Loretta Lynch?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
These are the REAL important choices!

#1. Scalia replacement

#2. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 83 years old.

#3. Anthony Kennedy is 80 years old.

#4. Stephen Bryer is 78 years old.

#5. I assume Clarence Thomas at 68 will retire at 70 so Trump can fill his seat too.

Trump should appoint a minimum of 3 Supreme Court Justices and possibly as many as 5!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:40:16 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »
HUGE Choices.  Expect those liberal justice to not retire, even if bedbound.  But, that and the immigration issue were the 2 BIGGEST issues for me.  I'm looking forward to the GOP majority Senate, confirming picks that will safeguard our Constitution for next half a century perhaps

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 03:00:29 PM »
Well, looks like its Jeff Sessions.  Wasn't on my list of 3, but its a credible option.  And it reinforces Trump's focus...not so much on the DC corruption as on the ridiculous lack of enforcing our immigration laws.  Expect some massive political capital expended on dealing with ILLEGAL immigration (need to keep adding that qualifyer, since so many on the left try to portray the issue as being anti immigration, in general)

Also need to add a pair of other of qualifyers.....as in regarding a "Muslim registry".  The left and media are going to try and paint any such registry as simply rounding up any and all Muslims in the country, when its very specific to any Muslims coming FROM a terrorist sponsoring/supporting region.  NOT ANY Muslims already established here in this country, especially those who are already American

And that the emphasis in deporting illegals, is specific to targering those illegal immigrants who have added to their resume, criminal conduct.  The left, as noted by these sancuary city mayors, are trying to scare their population about how they're going to defend some non-existent attempt to storm homes in the middle of the night to mass deport families.  And the media will play that line of garbage up.  Watch and see

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »
I think Jeff Sessions is a great choice....if we can get him past the Senate.

The Globalist may filibuster his nomination.

Dems blocked his nomination to the Federal Courts.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 05:07:01 PM »
What I find interesting about "Muslim  registration" is that it wasn't Donald Trumps idea.

He was asked by a reporter whether he would support a registration of Muslims, why give him ideas?