Author Topic: Am I wrong  (Read 1624 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Am I wrong
« on: December 15, 2016, 03:53:43 AM »
Even if the electoral votes is deemed invalid. The popular votes cannot be recognized due to the nature of the election itself. The voting patterns amoung the states is proof of that. Basicly if they wanted to do the popular vote they need to redo the entire election again

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Am I wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:28:54 PM »
   I could quote Hillary Clinton who thought it dangerous and "horrifying" for the looser to fail to respect the election results.

Or I could point at a recent poll where most Democrats say - please don't run again for 2020 Hillary.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/theres-a-clear-democratic-front-runner-for-2020/ar-BBxq70O?ocid=UE12DHP

But really , why ?

Why not respect the election?

Didn't we spend enough time , effort , money and attention on it?

I don't know the rules well enough to really answer your question, but I think that if the results were inconclusive or tied or seriously in doubt , the election would move to the congress to settle.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 01:47:23 PM »
I think congress might not qualify for that due to thier highly likely to be biased to either side like how jury duty is selected.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
I think congress might not qualify for that due to thier highly likely to be biased to either side like how jury duty is selected.

Congress has this job. The election was settled this way just one time.

You are right in this respect , they were partisan and unfair and made a mess of it.