Author Topic: Militia requirement  (Read 2526 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Militia requirement
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:01:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqXTZLJ95p0&spfreload=1

Resolved, that the exercise of second amendment rights, requires, membership in an organized militia.

Hmmmm.....

Is this really a bad idea?

Having something like 100 million of us required to join a state or community militia?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Militia requirement
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:11:34 PM »
The militias were useful in the War of 1812. Less so in the Mexican War. After thje Civil War, the Militias that made up the Confederate Army were disbanded.In the North, everyone was tired of war and they faded away. When there was no more threat from Indians, that was the end of any useful purpose.  Militias are not going to serve any useful function today that I can see. Should they patrol shopping malls and airports for possible Isis attacks?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:28:57 PM »
Are you willing to accept the Second amendment as a completely individual right to be well armed, with no resource of militia supply and no control of militia discipline?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »
Like everyone else, I do not have the option of accepting or rejecting the Second Amendment or any other part of the Constitution.
Only delegates elected by a small minority of the people voted on the Constitution.

This is not a truly Democratic country like Ecuador, where in 2008 67% of the male and female population voted toaccept the present constitution.

I would vote against  the Second Amendment if I could, but I cannot. So the answer to your question is moot.
Militias might have been useful in 1789, but they are no longer useful and have not been for many decades.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »
This is not a truly Democratic country like Ecuador

Oh boy...I wish we had the success of Ecuador!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 01:54:16 AM »
Like everyone else, I do not have the option of accepting or rejecting the Second Amendment or any other part of the Constitution.

Excellent! After all ,even people who don't think it right need to accept the fourteenth amendment for the sake of the rest of the constitution being good for us generally.

Of course , one could reinterpret the fourteenth amendment creatively and reverse its original intent , if its original intent is not really important.