Author Topic: Car Brains  (Read 1731 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Car Brains
« on: January 24, 2017, 11:52:56 PM »
https://www.nutanix.com/2016/02/01/the-tesla-effect-how-hyperconvergence-solves-enterprise-storage-challenges/?utm_source=taboola&utm_campaign=justmedia&utm_medium=ad

Cars are already highly dependent on their computers ,sensors and connections. Tesla is bragging that their "Hyperconvergance " concept will make redundant storage and power unneeded.

Right now if you want to produce anything, that will not be obsolete in a matter of days , you include capability in excess of the immediate demand this is an upfront cost that only pays off in less obsolescence not no obsolescence just less. Then as time goes on you add programming and patches to keep your product current and valuable until the surplus capability is filled up.

But what if your car had part of its brain here and part of its brain in a central location ?

All the updating can happen  in the central part , even adding memory and computing power on the central end using the computer on the car for whatever needs frequent attention and the central computer for anything that doesn't need that much constant attention.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Car Brains
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 06:34:04 PM »
cars are great these days....
i really like the backup camera & the sensors that light up when someone is in your blind-spot
they ride soooo smooth too
but i wish i had a backup vehicle with zero computers in case of an EMP attack
I suppose my bicycle will have to fill that void for now
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Car Brains
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »
    That is a good point, nature hits the Earth with a very strong EMP bomb every now and then. The strongest one we know of hit before the invention of radio, but we know it was strong because telegraph offices caught fire.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/03/110302-solar-flares-sun-storms-earth-danger-carrington-event-science/

This won't happen very often , but it will happen , just at a randomly chosen time.