Author Topic: Dumping Trump  (Read 5973 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dumping Trump
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:27:42 PM »
Sears, Kmart drop 31 Trump Home items from their online shops

Major U.S. retailers Sears and Kmart this week removed 31 Trump Home items from their online product offerings to focus on more profitable items, a spokesman said on Saturday.

The decision follows retailer Nordstrom Inc's announcement this week it had decided to stop carrying Ivanka Trump's apparel because of declining sales, prompting President Donald Trump to take to Twitter to defend his daughter. White House spokesman Sean Spicer characterized the Nordstrom move as a "direct attack" on the president's policies.

Neither Sears nor Kmart carried the Trump Home products in their retail stores, a Sears Holdings Corp spokesman said. Kmart is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings.

"As part of the company’s initiative to optimize its online product assortment, we constantly refine that assortment to focus on our most profitable items," spokesman Brian Hanover said in a statement.

"Amid that streamlining effort, 31 Trump Home items were among the items removed online this week," he said, adding those items can be found through a third-party vendor, without providing additional information about the products.

The Trump Home collection includes lines of furniture, lighting, bedding, mirrors and chandeliers, some from makers who supply the items to Trump hotels, according to the collection's website.

Nordstrom's sales of Ivanka Trump's line of clothing and shoes fell by nearly one-third in the past fiscal year, with sharp drops in sales weeks before her father was elected president on Nov. 8, the Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.

(Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; editing by Grant McCool)

This in addition to Nordstrom dropping Ivanka's line.

I guess the rednecks just weren't buying them.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Dumping Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
i guess the globalists are trying their best to maintain the status shitter quo....
bring it on!
filly-buster or no filly-buster
we are about to get a bunch of "Baby Scalia's" on the court!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/peggy.hubbard1/videos/1621414271221195/

Trump is not taking enough extreme action for people who are sick and tired of the same ol same ol just not working very well.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 09:17:09 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/100010342030598/videos/389548208066577/

Pretty over the top and emotional.

This is understandable , if the news media has lost credibility as bad as it has , then the relative value of gossip rises.

So is President Trump being demanded more or less into action by more or less fed up people?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 10:13:21 PM »
Which has what to do with department stores dumping his stuff?

Hey, Al Jarreau died. Is that political too?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:57:16 PM »

who gives a shit about a brick and mortar dinosaur department store that backed Hillary?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/02/10/nordstrom-election-donors-backed-clinton-sanders-over-trump/97737342/

the American People have real issues on their mind...not fake issues
and it's no surprise the UniParty/Globalists don't want the real issues solved.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 09:00:55 PM »
Is the sale of these things really pertinent to anything but some peoples attitude?  If I needed one of these things I would buy it Trump printed on it or not.
Hey, Al Jarreau died. Is that political too?

The singer?

No.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:51:30 AM »
to me the trump brand seems to be tanking due to his presence in the whitehouse. I would not blame any business for dumping anything related to trump. I`m not saying it`s fair but it`s cold hard capitalism to discard anything that will hurt the business. if anything trump should more than understand this. one of his possible mistake was not completely separating himself with his businesses . he really should of made a much larger effort to publicly  separate himself . it would of minimize this situation alittle bit. now on the flipside I do not understand how liberals still don`t see themselves as bullies. it`s obvious they`re out for all trump blood. i see nothing civil about this

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 12:08:52 PM »
I would not blame any business for dumping anything related to trump.

As I would not blame any Trump supporting consumer from dumping anything related to Globalist Trump Hating companies.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 05:13:24 PM »
For those who are upset that these stores quit carrying Trump branded products they can always show their displeasure by stopping shopping at the stores that are doing this. If they believe in political boycotts and their efficacy. Other than that, life goes on.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 07:28:49 PM »
For those who are upset that these stores quit carrying Trump branded products they can always show their displeasure by stopping shopping at the stores that are doing this.

Agreed.....I am not huge in to boycotts, but when I think of it I try to steer clear of left leaning companies.
I NEVER shop at Target anymore.
I avoid Starbucks.
I now avoid Macys.
I avoid Kelloggs
I increased buying from Under Armour.
I informed our insurance agent for our drivers try, try, your best to not steer drivers to Progressive Insurance
Jezzz they even named their company "Progressive"
I told her if it is close in comparative quotes DO NOT suggest Progressive Insurance.
I do what I can....

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
For those who are upset that these stores quit carrying Trump branded products they can always show their displeasure by stopping shopping at the stores that are doing this. If they believe in political boycotts and their efficacy. Other than that, life goes on.

Bingo.  Not sure what the problem is here
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 03:08:52 AM »
What im getting at is those companies may not be anti-trump but simply avoiding toxic merchandise. Since now both parties are now seems to be playing dueling boycotts. We"ll may see which party will do the most damage. This has nothing to do with who has the most influence since it involves with peoples livelihood. Since sears and kmart are doing badly to start with likely tank pretty quickly. Probly the very reason they dumped controversal products.

This is great time for a short seller

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 10:30:04 PM »
Ivanka Brand Now On Amazon Best Sellers List!

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/236419983-story

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
I don't really think it has as much to do with "toxic merchandise", since I'm hearing how its actually desirable to get Trump stuff now.  I think its a tad more nefarious, in that for all these years of our Country's existence, there was an element of respect we gave to the office of the Presidency, no matter who was the President.  All of a sudden, its now in vogue to completely disrespect that position.  Jst my 2cents
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle