Author Topic: Poll: 80 Percent Oppose Sanctuary Cities!  (Read 7076 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poll: 80 Percent Oppose Sanctuary Cities!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »
Im simply working there and walking around various parts of san francisco. Downtown is dirty and scarey looking but it does not give me fear to avoid these areas. Now hunters point has serious crime and its nothing to do with illegals. Tenderlion is bad and its a different kind of immigrants thats not south of the border. I think the data your reading paints a inaccurate picture. Im not saying san francisco doesnt have problems. It seriously has insane problems but the sanctuary statutus is not on the top of the list.

The people here is so stuckup they wont drink thier own tap water which is so good the mayor once thought of bottling it fir sale. But now due to people not caring the water dept. is cutting down the quality. its so unfriendly here most of the new resident take thier free time out of the city. note most illegals do not want to be caught so thier not as inclined to do anything blatant. Even san francisco has limits

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »
I'm glad you're working and will continue to pray for your safety.  The fact remains that in these so-called "sanctuary cities", the plethora of reporting has reinforced what is largely a logical conclusion, that crime is skyrocketing in sanctuary cities, due in large part their effort to protect actual violent criminals, from Federal law & subsequent deportation
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 06:11:52 PM »
My critique on that matter is how viable is security to stop it. people who are not even muslim or middle eastern are being stopped and american born citizens are being deported. one would think this means security is very tight but I think security maybe so  flawed that the wrong people can get in. I`m using profiling as an example in the drug trade police despite all data tend profile minorities as drug mules but the facts says college girls are used. I say it`ll only tyake a few months observing what demographic get detained to bypass our security. our government may say we use complex methods but as a government employee I got doubts.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
also making america an isolationist country will very likely have some serious drawbacks . ex removing tourism from our economy will be rough .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 06:51:58 PM »
I disagree.....on multiple levels.  No, we're not trying to become isolationist where we're merely enforcing existing law.  Tourism will be just fine.  And no, our security is anthing BUT tight, which is why so many people are having such a coniption.  When our acutely laxed enforcement of immigration law is seen as the norm, the perception that we're somehow bringing down the guantlet, for shifting to actually enforce our current laws, can be seen as somehow, "over the top".  That's an erroneous perception.  There's is no massive effort to "show me your papers".  Thousands and thousands of people, were coming thru from Muslim countries, just fine, with Trump's 1st EO.  There were a few hundred who were merely inconvienienced, but when you listened to the news, the perception is that anyone that largely walked on 2 legs was stopped by ICE or Customs.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »
I'm only the pointing isolationist image the us is going toward. You say only a few are inconvenience but only take much to change peoples. Doesn't help a NASA scientist. Did get detained and was made to give access classified data to tsa.

It starting to look like to avoid hassle people should stop traveling to or from the u.s. . You say it's not an issue but normal  regular travel is a chore so this is easily a deal breaker to make people avoid an overseas flight

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 03:16:59 AM »
But see, that's my point....we're not.  We're simply enforcing our laws.  We're not enacting any new laws.  We're not enacting some draconian measures.  People have simply gotten used to our Government NOT enforcing our current laws.  Well folks, there's a new Sheriff in town

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 03:24:03 AM »
i`m just pointing out the image and  it can be enough to talk a person to save thier money on a expensive trip. I remember my flight to europe was easier than my trip back and had to figure what can be declares or not. my sister was furious i got detained it`s not my fault I got those marin county criminal features.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
There, I can agree......for most on the left, its all about appearance & perception, regardless if its counter to reality.  Shall I argue when they randomly picked out my 85year old as-white-as-white-can-be mother in law for "special screening".  What were here features?  too many suspicious wrinkles?  It's polticial correctness that's the true enemy here.  It's what these sanctuary cities are trying to hide behind, and screw how much more in danger it puts its citizenry in

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 05:26:48 PM »
I can only speak about san francisco but it`s going through a constant internal struggle on multiple issues and it`s sanctuary status is not that big a priority. the one advantage is labor which it seriously need since nobody can afford to live here. this might be why it`s it`s sanctuary status.

OK , how indeed do the people who work at a discount live in San Francisco?

Seems as if there is just so much rent or commuting a person could afford, too much and a person can not afford a low paying job?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 12:08:13 AM »
to me san francisco is the easiest to find work but the hardest to afford to live in. most commute and pretty sure to cut cost people share spaces. but thats a bandaide . i already hear twitter is losing it`s talent due to housing cost. hints businesses may leave if they can`t retain it`s employees

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »
.... and if state Democrat legislators pull what they're hinting at pulling, (state version of Obamacare), watch a far greater loss (of middle & upper class folk bailing the state, in advance of the massive tax increase that would be required to cover it)  See what businesses can retain anyone then, much less stay viably profitable

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 03:37:28 AM »
Can't say for california but san francisco for the moment still having people with massive diposable funds to pay any price to live there. Workers on the other hand not so much despite all the negative you may hear the town still has attractive things about it. For me its the food and various used bookstores. I refuse to buy things online since it cannot make me go outside and move around. Every single male  friend of mine who buys online is over 200lbs. In a bad way. I'm still losing weight and do not need vitamin d supplements. Anyway san francisco is an excellent place to walk around.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 12:01:04 PM »
Never said Frisco didn't have its positives....WAS a great place to visit.  Not so much now.  And going to get a lot worse

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
I will say if it tanks it not from its sanctuary status. It will be from the conflicting policies that confus and endangers the place.