General Category > 3DHS

"I'm not a lawyer, but I play one in debate forums"

<< < (2/5) > >>

Christians4LessGvt:
Kimba....I am just curious
how many immigrants legal or illegal would you allow into this country?
we already allow more than anyone else in the world
and Trump is demonized to just try and temper it a bit
so I am just curious...how many would you allow in if it were up to you?
would you allow 10 million next year? 50 million next year? 100 million? 200 million? 300 million? 500 million?
obviously hundreds of millions of people are in bad situations all over the globe
but how many can we allow in?
is there any amount that would be too many?

kimba1:
I would double the existing legal limit and cut out all those who came illegaly with a case by case exceptions. To me america has always benefit from immigration legal or not. Demand has driven people here not just problems from all over the world. I wouldn't set a limit until businesses itself don't want immigrants. Judging by the high demand to increase the number h-1B visa it'll be a long while.

Illegals is serious concern for me due the lack of information people have about them . A significant number of them are exploited involuntarily and people here makes excuses not deal with them. California has the largest human trafficking problem in the country. Deportation will not solve it. Remember this require demand to exist.

sirs:
The issue again for me Kimba is legal/Constitutional.  People who want to come here have no constitutional protections.  Explointed or not, people who come here illegally, should have ZERO support in American tax dollars.  And those here who hire illegal immigrants, thus pushing the demand, absolutely should have the heavy hand of Federal justice come down on them, and then watch how fast that demand nosedives. 

But until we have some rational control of our own fricken border, none of what we want as far as legal immigrants matter

kimba1:
Exploited is a exception since the freeloader charge is used for the bulk of the reason illegals should not be here and that definately weight in the enforcement of laws.

sirs:
The "freeloader" charge is so low on the totem poll of why folks like myself are so adamant about enforcing our immigration laws.  MOST folks that come here illegally, work damn hard....and its that reason that keeps wages down so low, because they are exploited for that purpose. 

Border enforcement 1st.....and let's refer to it as "comprehensive" border enforcement
- a wall
- e-verify implimentation
- deportation of violent criminal illegal immigrants
- staunch prosecution of businesses that actively hire illegal immigrants

THEN, we can start overhauling the actual immigration process

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version