Author Topic: Thanks Obama!  (Read 1721 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks Obama!
« on: April 05, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »

Idaho's $4.3 Million Solar Road Generates Enough Power To Run ONE Microwave

ANDREW FOLLETT
Energy and Science Reporter

April 4, 2017

An expensive solar road project in Idaho can't even power a microwave most days, according to the project?s energy data.

The Solar Roadways project generated an average of 0.62 kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity per day since it began publicly posting power data in late March. To put that in perspective, the average microwave or blow drier consumes about 1 kWh per day.

On March 29th, the solar road panels generated 0.26 kWh, or less electricity than a single plasma television consumes. On March 31st, the panels generated 1.06 kWh, enough to barely power a single microwave. The panels have been under-performing their expectations due to design flaws, but even if they had worked perfectly they'd have only powered a single water fountain and the lights in a nearby restroom.

Solar Roadways has been in development for 6.5 years and received a total of $4.3 million in funding to generate 90 cents worth of electricity.

The project broke down in late March and had to be repaired, and screenshots taken that month show the roadway's electrical box caught fire. Firefighters soon showed up to the scene, prompting the solar project's official webcam to issue an update: "The Solar Roadways electrical system is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back late next week."

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/idahos-4-3-million-solar-road-generates-enough-power-to-run-one-microwave/#ixzz4dKuDupak
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Thanks Obama!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
But....but....its "clean" energy
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »
I mentioned this years ago that I`m really am that crazy guy trying to invent the perpetual motion machine and actually someone here believe it can happen. anyway this obsession of mine also makes me know alot about solar energy an say . this project from the start just does not makes sense to me and is not surprised it failed. i would love to hear the proposal that was made. truthfully I hear many non-viable projects and seen crazy passions that backed it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/specialreports/solyndra-scandal/

this is actually not a bad project but solar by nature has a 80% failure rate and it has nothing to do with the technology is viable. I can talk to any solar sales person and have a good chance of scaring him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 05:29:41 PM »
Here in CA, they pushed solar power big time.  Much of it leased, but my wife and I were able to purchase ours, so we're not boholden to any company.  But now the reporting is coming out that Californians are producing all this excess solar energy.... that can't be stored....as in wasted.  What the frell?

And this NEW round of tax increases that Governor moonbeam wants us to support to pay for road repair, that we already payed taxes for precisely that, but gets diverted to... paying former DC AG's to come hlep defend criminal illegal immigrants from getting deported, includes new fees in electric cars, because "they use the road as well"

Pretty mind-boggling just how far off the deep end this state has reached
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:53:47 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 07:38:32 PM »
But cyclist want thier own part of the roads but pay nothing to maintain it.

Excess power means we can export power somewhere else and charge it. If this is not done then it's a political money making scheme that looks like we have a problem. Look at electricity like your water bill and note the power doesn't really lose money from electricity if you make your own. It can still charge you for maintaining infrastructure just like water does. Solar technology is fine but the politics behind it is what makes it costly