General Category > 3DHS

Ok I am going the opposite of the herd....I am not so hard on United Airlines

<< < (2/4) > >>

Plane:
  This is really bad customer relations.

That the airline had legal right to eject the passenger and the police involved had right to use force becomes secondary , if standing on these rights causes the airline to loose a lot of its customers and fail as a business.

I think that the Doctor was in the wrong in the first place, but by the time it was over it was the airline that had lost all the sympathy.

Christians4LessGvt:
to me it is key that these issues be resolved at the gate

whatever changes that need to happen....
must happen so these dramas are at the gate not on the plane

a nut-job like this doctor would be much easier to handle inside the airport

i am kind of surprised once the drama started escalating someone didn't volunteer their seat
there is no doubt in my mind with my situational anxiety
as this started to play out I would have had to exit the airplane...
even if I had to fake a heart attack...I would have been outta there
and who knows my panic attack caused exit may have solved the one seat problem

kimba1:
Yes this should be done at the gate. Im no expert on plane trouble but I thought all overbooking situation were done before boarding. How do they not know beforehand??

Christians4LessGvt:

--- Quote from: kimba1 on April 13, 2017, 09:31:30 PM ---Yes this should be done at the gate. Im no expert on plane trouble but I thought all overbooking situation were done before boarding. How do they not know beforehand??
--- End quote ---

it's not an excuse...but
there was a early flight out of Kentucky scheduled for the next day.
so a flight crew was flying to Kentucky to handle the early flight
but the other crew coming from some place else got cancelled due to weather
so in Chicago they found this out last second,
and had to round up a new flight crew for the early Kentucky flight the next day
there was no one else available in Kentucky....so if the flight crew on the doctors flight doesn't get on the plane in Chicago
the flight out of Kentucky early the next morning would have had to have been cancelled....100 people unhappy in KY.
again...no excuse....but those are the logistics that were relevant to this situation
they knew if they didn't bump 4 passengers the next morning 100 people flight was not going to have a crew

Christians4LessGvt:
Smart Changes!
Handle the nut cases at the gate!

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0414-united-airlines-inflight-service-alert-doc-tmz-01.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version