Author Topic: Riddle me this.....  (Read 3441 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Riddle me this.....
« on: April 12, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »
Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, appropriately dug a bit of a hole, when he proclaimed that Hitler never gased his citizens.  He tried to correct, but still didn't make it as clear as he meant.  Everyone knew what he meant, but in today's hyperage of reflex reporting of anything negative-Trump, it came off as callous to what the Holocaust was all about out

Ok, I get that...it was a bad attempt at comparing Assad to Hitler......and yet, where's the outrage at all the efforts being made to paint Trump as Hitler??....the GOP as the Nazi party??....The border wall to the Berlin wall??....Supporters of Trump as Facsists/White Supremacists??

Can anyone say 'Double Standard'??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Riddle me this.....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »
hilter is a  bizzare topic . Many people want to point out the good the nazis could of done but hasnt found the right time.
Hell even star trek tried to make it positive

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:23:10 PM »
good point SIRS!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 01:48:41 AM »
I don't see it as bizarre, Kimba, and as a major trekkie, I don't recall in any way that Star Trek was trying to spin the Nazi party in some positive way

No, my point is yet another demonstration of the overt double standard that exists in the MSM and the lunatic left, where Hitleresque comparisons made by Republicans, even when the point trying to be made is understood, is still condemned, but any and all Trump = Hitler references, or GOP = Nazi references, or Conservatives = Fascist references are apparently perfectly acceptable
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 03:56:33 AM »
i agree it`s a double standard and putting the nazi tag on the gop will simply encourage people to react badly to the democratic party

a character in star trek thought nazi had positive traits and tried to give the idea another chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c6Mcy3YnrI

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »
  It was pointed out as refutation , that it is a fact that the concentration camps used poisonous gas as an execution method, probably for a great number of innocent persons.

So Mr. Spicer should indeed apologize for trying to say that Mr. Assad is worse than Mr. Hitler.

When the plain truth is that he is about the same.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »
i agree it`s a double standard and putting the nazi tag on the gop will simply encourage people to react badly to the democratic party

a character in star trek thought nazi had positive traits and tried to give the idea another chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c6Mcy3YnrI

Oh, I remember the episode quite well.  As the show demonstrated however, that one Federation officer was woefully in error

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »
I had to see it a few times to really understand how shocking it was. It got  worst later when I found out scotty was veteran of that war. The 70's far from that time

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 07:03:51 PM »
Yes Doohan was a real soldier.

Wounded on D-day and everything.

http://www.startrek.com/article/remembering-d-day-hero-james-doohan