Author Topic: kathy griffen has drawn a line  (Read 4003 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
kathy griffen has drawn a line
« on: June 03, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »
ok it`s true the many people made obama effigy and hanged it and burned asd protest and put very blatant racist remarks. the GOP party hasn`t really condemn such behavior but I think the maion difference is the left has become abit more violent . this form of politcal fun just seems more dangerous in this climate. ironiclly the blame can be placed on the anti-obama group for making it ok to do

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: kathy griffen has drawn a line
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
I have to vehemently disagree with you on your initial premise, Kimba.  What celebrity has come out with vile racist &/or violent rhetoric aimed at Obama.  What person(s) have publically come out with "blatant racist remarls", that the GOP largely shrugged off?  What person has ever implied the death of Obama...even in a supposed "humerous" manner??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 09:53:06 PM »
Therir not public figure who does lynching effigy which some set on fire. Just regular people who say its harmless speech But one celebrity did in humor suggest it. That Im aware of

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-nugent-condemns-kathy-griffin-but-calls-his-obama-comments-metaphor_us_5932dcb4e4b0c242ca248bf5

To clrify the racist remark would be the lynching part since for some reason people seem to only use the noose symbol only on blacks so you can't help see it a racial issue. My people tend to get boiler remarks for obvious reasons. The set on fire part is not really racial but proply a political humor thing Im not aware of.
Personally :D Im Against all of it since if you do this to anybody it simply is not funny

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:20:09 AM »
I have a question if she did this joke with any persons head would she still be working? I very much doubt it

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »
Naaa, I disagree again.  Any other head, she'd simply be criticized for poor taste in her humor.  She did this with the President's head.  That's sooooooo far across the line, that she deserves all the financial repercussions she gets....especially as she trys to play the victim card

But more to the point, you point to Griffen as an apparent GOP double standard, by their lack of outrage at ...... "just regular people"?.  IIRC, the GOP and especially conservatives, have been vehemently opposed and outraged at all manner of racist rhetoric.  But unless you can point a finger at someone specific, you're not going to get an equal level of outrage....because there's no specific target of that outrage.  So no, the right doesn't simply shrug this off.  Their condemnations are broad based because there are so few on the right that have adopted such reckless & abhorrent behavior, as personified by Griffen,
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:03:14 AM »
i didn`t  say it was equal but a precident has been established. it does not have to be exact level of outrage or action.but when i said precidence i now remember such behaviour is historic and international. it cannot be said our history did not have this or that other countries did not do this.

i still will not excuse kathy. it`s that bad of a joke

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 03:27:30 AM »
Nor will I, nor will a majority of America.  The issue though was your implication that some precident was set...by the apparent "shrugging off" of similar instance by the GOP.  I simply find the inference lacking any such examples, both in their frequency & abhorency.  I'm sure if we tried really hard, we could find some examples.......but they'd be lacking in the "shrugging off" component, is my guess

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »
Maybe not the shrugging off but I'm using the fact In all this time those incident involving obama did not get the attention kathy got. I was not even aware about the burning hanged effigy of obama till this happened.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 01:14:12 PM »
Largely because they were lacking in both frequency & abhorency , not to mention a prominent name, such as a celebrity

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
We'll now see if other celebries will continue this. Remember she stated she is sorry but will increase this kind of humor.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »
That was perhaps one of the most insincerest of "apologies" I have yet to witness....IMHO.  I doubt others will cross that line.....when the line of disrespecting the office of the President has already been extended to all manner of effigy burning, with this particular President.  It'll stop just before bloody heads, but continued attacks on the President's children, including Barron, will go unimpeded....and unapologized for.  This of course after the lectures we got about hands off Chelsea and the Obama sisters

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 10:54:25 PM »
 Thought barron was still forbidden. Its the very reason kathy got in trouble to begin with.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 02:33:22 AM »
Oh no......he's still being attacked.  Rosie O'Donnell uses him as her personal rhetorical punching bag

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 02:52:05 AM »
i thought rosie did only one jab and stopped and they all declared him off limits. kathy didn`t even go after him it only involved barron because he reacted to the picture

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »
In the fall out, after the beheading photo, Griffen was very clear in that whatever effect this had on Barron, that she had no problem with it