Author Topic: Libby guilty  (Read 4095 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Libby guilty
« on: March 06, 2007, 01:25:05 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17479718/

Jury convicts Libby on four of five charges
Verdict in CIA leak case reached on 10th day of deliberations
[..................]
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Libby guilty
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 01:31:13 PM »
stay tuned for the pardon

Mucho

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »

Couldnt agree with you more. It is just the kind of evil bullshit that characterizes your idols.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »

Couldnt agree with you more. It is just the kind of evil bullshit that characterizes your idols.

Proveing that no one is above the law . Scooter Libbey is going to prison for lieing , his new cellmate Bill Clinton says he is going to be glad for the company.

Mucho

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »

Proveing that no one is above the law . Scooter Libbey is going to prison for lieing , his new cellmate Bill Clinton says he is going to be glad for the company.

Bill never was and never will be found quilty because he did nothing to harm the country as you losers did.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 02:43:35 PM »

Bill never was and never will be found quilty because he did nothing to harm the country as you losers did.

Bill can't meet the standard for the practice of law in Arkansas.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 03:25:51 PM »

Bill can't meet the standard for the practice of law in Arkansas.

Definately found contempt, by a court of law, for something.  Perhaps knute could fill us in as to what he was found in contempt for, and why he was disbarred.  Had nothing to do with lying, did it?       ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:27:31 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 04:34:32 AM »
Boortz..........

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

I think Scooter Libby is...
 innocent of these charges. The jury is wrong.

a "fall guy" for this administration.

guilty. I agree with the jury's verdict.

{Go to the site to vote on the poll}

So Scooter Libby has been found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice. According to federal sentencing guidelines, he can expect to do 1 to 3 years in the slammer for lying about something he had no reason to lie about. And while Scooter Libby is in the can, Sandy Burglar, who essentially committed treason by stealing classified documents, roams free. Nice to know the real criminals are going to jail. Ahh .. .but there was a plea deal there. No telling what Libby could have gotten with a plea deal.

The mainstream media is treating this like everybody knows who Scooter Libby is. But if you went downtown in any major American city at lunchtime, I bet you'd not find 1 person out of 100 that could tell you what Scooter Libby's position was in the Bush Administration. The media and the Democrats are somehow making this out to be the "tip of the iceberg." The tip of what iceberg? No one else will be charged in this investigation and the case is closed. Big whoop. Sounds more like the iceberg has melted.

So Scooter Libby and his lawyers will now try and milk the appeal process so he can make it past the November 2008 election and grab his certain presidential pardon. In the meantime, taxpayers are stuck with the tab for the entire prosecution. By the way, the jury says they felt sorry for Scooter Libby, but still convicted him. I'd hate to see what their verdict would have been had they not felt sorry for him.

How do I feel about the verdict? I the jury felt that he lied, then the verdict is proper. If it was a jury assembled of Democrat sycophants eager to nail the Bush administration, we have a problem. I wasn't there. I didn't listen to the testimony. I didn't see the exhibits, so I can't say whether the verdict is proper or not. You lie under oath, you get charged. That is as it should be. Ditto for lying to investigators. I only wish we could have nailed the Clintons for their similarly faulty memories.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 07:45:13 PM »
Libby was a fall guy and took the rap for Cheney.

Cheney's the one who needs to do the time.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 08:01:16 PM »
Libby was a fall guy and took the rap for Cheney.  Cheney's the one who needs to do the time.

Apparently all those millions of dollars later, the investigation still wasn't thorough enough    :P
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 12:29:14 AM »
He is guilty of lying to FBI and a grand jury. That is guilty, period. Fall guy he is NOT. He lied, he perjured. He did it for money, for bucks, for his boss/bosses. Throw him the hell in jail.
 If he is pardoned, then that will be interesting....That would be very interesting.  I'd almost like to see that.  If he is pardoned, he accepts guilt.
 I think there would be some further legal action against him in that case. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 12:48:04 AM »
If he is pardoned, then that will be interesting....That would be very interesting.  I'd almost like to see that.  If he is pardoned, he accepts guilt.  

Oh, is that how it works.  He's guilty unless he's pardonened in which case he accepts his guilt?  So as long as he remains convicted as being guilty, he's really innocent?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 01:18:13 AM »
Sirs,
Nixon was pardoned.  They had to talk him into taking the pardon because a pardon means, "You broke the law and were convicted but I forgive you."  Nixon didn't like that but eventually accepted it.  (Or so the story goes.)
 It doesn't expunge Libby's  record and make it as if it never happened.   It doesn't overturn a guilty verdict.  It isn't a "not guilty" finding. It's a pardon. 

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 02:58:54 AM »
Oh, is that how it works.  He's guilty unless he's pardonened in which case he accepts his guilt?  So as long as he remains convicted as being guilty, he's really innocent?

Lanya's correct. A confession of guilt is implicit in a pardon. You have to sign an admission of guilt as part of the pardon request.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 03:03:46 AM »
Lanya's correct. A confession of guilt is implicit in a pardon. You have to sign an admission of guilt as part of the pardon request.

Ahhh, I see.  Thanks for the clarity Ami.  Notice also how fast Lanya responded to this query, vs the ones regarding the "Fairness" Doctrine?     :D