Author Topic: parts of Imus show  (Read 1883 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
parts of Imus show
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:49 AM »
 [Dear Mr. Imus: Objective number one has been taken care of, at least I think I heard that. Thank you.]

Imus: "I have some other stuff I want to cover here just various issues... One of them is why General Kevin Kiley is still the surgeon general of the U.S. Army, why he hasn't been fired. That's an absolute outrage."

Jonathan Alter, Newsweek: "Total outrage."

Imus: "This guy is a disgrace and a smug schmuck that ought to be blown out of there and court marshaled. So that's number one and number two I don't think Gingrich gets a free pass. I mean this is an absolute outrage that this guy was conducting an affair with that bimbo that he finally married while he was trying to impeach Bill Clinton for fooling around with Monica Lewinsky I mean and he thinks now that he confesses that, that that clears the deck so I mean that's the kind of hypocrisy you can't make up."

[..............]

Jonathan Alter: "The same people, who if you ask Gingrich about this as this Christian publication did he said well this was about perjury you know it wasn't about the presidents sex it was that he committed perjury in saying that he wasn't involved with Monica Lewinsky but then if you turn around and say what do you think of the Libby case oh no Scooter Libby oh no, that was only perjury. (laughing)"

Imus: "Yeah exactly. That's a very good point Jonathan."

Jonathan Alter: "He's a hypocrite about six ways to.."

[...............]

Imus: "Well Scooter didn't lie though, you just said that?"

Mary Matalin: "He didn't lie, but the narrow..."

Imus: "The dog ate his homework. Didn't he? Didn't the little dog eat his homework?"

Mary Matalin: "You--Imus has been in a news blackout..."

Imus: (singing) "The doggy ate his homework, the doggy ate his homework."

Later in the interview

Imus: (singing) "Scooter's going to jail."

Mary Matalin: "You know what? Do you think that's funny? Do you understand he has a daughter Wyatt's age, he has a son that's fourteen years old, listen to me..."

Imus: "He shouldn't have lied than."

Mary Matalin: "...Whose father--he did not lie."

Imus: "You know what's a bigger outrage is that the administration has allowed to go on what's going on over there at Walter Reed and throughout the Veterans Administration, that's what's an outrage. Don't you agree?"

Mary Matalin: "Well, they're not allowing it to go on."

Imus: "Well they have allowed it to go on. If it hadn't of been for Dana Priest and Anne Hull and Bob Woodruff we'd never even know about it. I've been to Walter Reed, have you been over there?"

Mary Matalin: "I've been over there, the Vice President's been over there, the President's been over there."

Imus: "When were you over there last?"

Mary Matalin: "I've--not recently."

Imus: "Okay. Have you been over there since the Iraq war started?"

Mary Matalin: "Yes I’ve been there since it started."

Imus: "Oh okay. I was talking to Chuck Schumer Friday, he voted for the war, he thought it was a great idea like Hillary Clinton and all you other guys did, and Chuck Schumer hadn't been over there since the war started, so, why don't you go over there and see the consequence of your vote? These kids with no arms, and no legs and stuff, or faces melted off, or no ears or arms and that kind of stuff."

Mary Matalin: "And then when you--it is horror as all war is horror..."

Imus: "So I feel a lot more sorry for them than I do Scooter Libby's family, a lot more, you know, Scooter Libby shouldn't have lied."

Mary Matalin: "Scooter Libby didn't lie, and he didn't lie in the investigation that shouldn't have taken place."

Imus: "They'll have a visitation deal at his prison, they can go see him on the weekends."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3226997/
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: parts of Imus show
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:41:14 AM »
Imus: "This guy is a disgrace and a smug schmuck that ought to be blown out of there and court marshaled. So that's number one and number two I don't think Gingrich gets a free pass. I mean this is an absolute outrage that this guy was conducting an affair with that bimbo that he finally married while he was trying to impeach Bill Clinton for fooling around with Monica Lewinsky I mean and he thinks now that he confesses that, that that clears the deck so I mean that's the kind of hypocrisy you can't make up."

[..............]

Jonathan Alter: "The same people, who if you ask Gingrich about this as this Christian publication did he said well this was about perjury you know it wasn't about the presidents sex it was that he committed perjury in saying that he wasn't involved with Monica Lewinsky but then if you turn around and say what do you think of the Libby case oh no Scooter Libby oh no, that was only perjury. (laughing)"

[][][][][][][][]][][][][][][]

So Libby is due the same punishment that Clinton got?

Wanting anything elese must be hipocritcal.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 01:55:34 AM »
I truly fear for this country.

Our self appointed mouthpieces are complete morons who conflate issues like spaghetti ingredients.
Walter Reed is not about the VA hospital system. Why act like it is?

Gingrich is not guilty of perjury in a sexual harassment case. So why act like having an affair is analogous to lying under oath?

Complete morons or sociopathic liars .............depending on your charity level.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 02:03:44 AM »
I'd summize it leans towards the liars end of the spectrum     :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »
Wait a minute. If the hospital has been privatized, why are we getting rid of all these military people? Shouldn't we be dumping the private corporation that is running the hospital?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:10:42 AM »
If i recall correctly the privatization issue was a strawman. I think the company had only been in charge for less than a month. According to some report i read, maybe in here, the company was run by a guy who had once been in the same airport with the ceo of haliburton as they both caught connecting fliights and we all know what that means. I believe the unions tried to hijack that issue, thus the strawman. I can't think of a good reason to let the facts get in the way of a good spin.

Can you?

Mucho

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:05 AM »
I truly fear for this country.

Our self appointed mouthpieces are complete morons who conflate issues like spaghetti ingredients.
Walter Reed is not about the VA hospital system. Why act like it is?

Gingrich is not guilty of perjury in a sexual harassment case. So why act like having an affair is analogous to lying under oath?

Complete morons or sociopathic liars .............depending on your charity level.

You should feel sorry for this country for putting the sociopathic liar Bushidiot in charge TWICE before coming out from under the ether and hating his guts now.
Will you never tire of making excuses for your hypocrits by dredging up a old blowjob?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 10:53:26 AM »
If i recall correctly the privatization issue was a strawman.

I believe that is the point I was making.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 11:05:14 AM »
I believe that is the point I was making.

And you made it well