Author Topic: a guy who walked by  (Read 989 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
a guy who walked by
« on: March 17, 2007, 10:16:13 AM »
Joe Wilson Was Sent to Niger By A Guy Who Walked By   [John Podhoretz]

This is what Valerie Plame Wilson just said about her husband's trip: "I did not recommend him, I did not suggest him, I did not have the authority." An officer serving under her was upset to have received an inquiry from the vice president's office about yellowcake from Niger and evidently, while she was comforting that junior officer, some guy walked by her office and suggested her husband should go to Niger to check it out.

She said she was ambivalent about the idea because she didn't want to have to put her 2 year-old twins to bed by herself at night. Still, she and the guy who had just happened to walk by then went to her supervisor.

Supervisor: Well, when you go home this evening, would you ask your husband to come in.

Then her supervisor asked her to write an e-mail about the idea. She did so. That e-mail, she said, was the basis for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence claim that she had been responsible for sending her husband to Niger for the CIA.

In other words, she didn't recommend him or suggest him. Rather, it was a guy who walked by.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MzFkNTA3ZDA4ZDcxNTQzNTc0N2FlN2RiYjk3NzhkMzA=

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: a guy who walked by
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 02:06:59 PM »
And this is newsworthy because . . . ?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: a guy who walked by
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 02:18:16 PM »
A guy who walked by is the equivalent of anomynous high ranking administration sources, but lacking even that modicum of detail.