Author Topic: You Go Girl!  (Read 6031 times)

Mucho

You Go Girl!
« on: April 04, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »

This musta really embarrassed the Bushidiot as well, no?

Wednesday, Apr 4, 2007
Posted on Sun, Apr. 01, 2007
Lawmakers visit Syria to discuss ties
By ALBERT AJI
U.S. House members meeting with President Bashar Assad Sunday said they believed there was an opportunity for dialogue with the Syrian leadership.
The U.S. House members, who included Virginia Republican Frank Wolf, Pennsylvania Republican Joe Pitts and Alabama Republican Robert Aderholt, also said they had raised with Syrian officials the issue of stopping the alleged flow of foreign fighters from Syria to Iraq.

In a statement issued by the U.S. Embassy in Damascus, the congressmen said they had talked about "ending support for Hezbollah and Hamas, recognizing Israel's right to exist in peace and security, and ceasing interference in Lebanon."

"We came because we believe there is an opportunity for dialogue," the statement said. "We are following in the lead of Ronald Reagan, who reached out to the Soviets during the Cold War," it added.

Syria's official news agency said Assad discussed U.S.-Syria relations and the latest developments in the Middle East with the representatives.

Despite the poor relationship between the two countries stemming from disagreements over Iraq and suspected Syrian support for militant groups, there have been recent calls in the U.S. to engage Syria.

Earlier this year, a bipartisan U.S. commission initially proposed by Wolf recommended the Bush administration launch new diplomatic initiatives with both Syria and Iran, something it has refused to do.

The congressional delegation met earlier in the day with Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem, who expressed Syria's desire to bring security and stability to the Middle East and called for dialogue with the U.S., SANA reported.

He said discussions between the two countries could produce "common stands conducive to putting an end to current crises in the region."

The visit came ahead of one on Tuesday by the leader of the U.S. House of Representatives, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the highest-ranking politician to visit Damascus since relations began souring in 2003.

Pelosi, heading a congressional delegation, is on a fact-finding trip to the Middle East that includes visits to Israel, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. Her trip comes as the Democratic majority in Congress is locked in a battle with President George W. Bush over strategy in Iraq.

Washington and Damascus have not been on friendly terms in recent years. Washington has accused Syria of allowing Islamic militants to cross its border into Iraq, supporting Palestinian militants and funneling arms to the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.

Relations deteriorated significantly in early 2005 when Washington withdrew its Syrian ambassador to protest the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri, who was killed in a Beirut truck bombing that his supporters blamed on Syria. Syria has denied involvement.

The U.S. delegation traveled to Jordan after their talks with Syrian officials.

http://www.thestate.com/372/v-print/story/24186.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:31:35 PM by Mucho »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: You Go Girl!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 01:57:49 PM »
I'm not sure it embarrassed Bush, but perhaps it embarrassed her feminist supporters.

Mucho

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 02:22:27 PM »
I'm not sure it embarrassed Bush, but perhaps it embarrassed her feminist supporters.

What a weird thing to say. Watching the word's most powerful woman upstaging the world's most powerful & evil man ( Bush , not Assad for your benefit)wouldn't embarrass a feminist.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:29:41 PM »
Well i doubt she is the world's most powerful woman, no more than Hastert was the world's most powerful man.

And I'm trying to remember photos of Rice or Albright all scarved up and bowing to the patriarchy whilst in the Middle East.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »
And I'm trying to remember photos of Rice or Albright all scarved up and bowing to the patriarchy whilst in the Middle East.

D'OH....oooh that hurt
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mucho

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 03:36:36 PM »
Well i doubt she is the world's most powerful woman, no more than Hastert was the world's most powerful man.

Being sensitive to other peoples culture is only a weakness to jingoistic yahoos such as youhoo. I bet Hastert is  the world's most powerful smelling man the world .

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 09:22:02 PM »
I guess your verdict is that Madeline Albright was not sensitive to world culture.

And your remark about Hastert is reminiscent of a thrid graders retort.

I guess you are improving just a bit.

Mucho

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »
I guess your verdict is that Madeline Albright was not sensitive to world culture.

And your remark about Hastert is reminiscent of a thrid graders retort.

I guess you are improving just a bit.

You know nothing of Madelyn Albright. She would be sensitive to other cultures. Feminists are not as stupid as Repubs and understand that people are different. As to my supposed 3rd grade remark: Being a sensitive guy such as I am ,I like to speak on the level of those to whom I am speaking and I was speaking to you.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Mucho

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »
http://www.mahablog.com/2007/04/04/pelosi-wears-scarf-righties-bark-at-moon/

Thanx , Lanya. They never seem to grow weary of being wrong in defense of their uberfuehrer.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 09:38:56 AM »
They never seem to grow weary of being wrong in defense of their uberfuehrer.

You mean being wrong about Republicans "being sensitive to other peoples [sic] culture"? Oh, wait, that was you.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 10:10:55 AM »

It's one thing to wear a scarf to a mosque or a church, it is quite another to wear a scarf to market.

Perhaps she was just having a bad hair day.

Mucho

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 01:38:29 PM »

It's one thing to wear a scarf to a mosque or a church, it is quite another to wear a scarf to market.

Perhaps she was just having a bad hair day.

Do you worry about such petty shit to keep your feeble minds off of how badly the Bushidiot&you have fucked things up ?

The_Professor

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 03:44:10 PM »
You know, the view never changes when you are at the rear of the intellectual train...

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »
Do you worry about such petty shit to keep your feeble minds off of how badly the Bushidiot&you have fucked things up ?

Not worried about Pelosi in the least. And since she took the trip and is the one wearing the scarves going to market, i don't see what Bush has to do with it.