Author Topic: More former pages speak  (Read 7194 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
More former pages speak
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:19:31 PM »
Three More Former Pages Accuse Foley of Online Sexual Approaches

October 05, 2006 5:20 PM

Brian Ross, Rhonda Schwartz & Maddy Sauer Report:

Rt_foley2_061003_nrThree more former congressional pages have come forward to reveal what they call "sexual approaches" over the Internet from former Congressman Mark Foley.

The pages served in the classes of 1998, 2000 and 2002. They independently approached ABC News after the Foley resignation through the Brian Ross & the Investigative Team's tip line on ABCNews.com. None wanted their names used because of the sensitive nature of the communications.

"I was seventeen years old and just returned to [my home state] when Foley began to e-mail me, asking if I had ever seen my page roommates naked and how big their penises were," said the page in the 2002 class.

The former page also said Foley told him that if he happened to be in Washington, D.C., he could stay at Foley's home if he "would engage in oral sex" with Foley.
THE BLOTTER RECOMMENDS

* READER DISCRETION STRONGLY ADVISED: Foley's Exchange with Underage Page
    * Foley Instant Message Chat While Waiting for a House Vote
    * Click Here to Watch This Week's Brian Ross Investigates Webcast

The page told ABC News he was interviewed this week by FBI agents who had a six-page list of questions about Foley and the exchanges.

The second page who talked with ABC News, a graduate of the 2000 page class, says Foley actually visited the old page dorm and offered rides to events in his BMW.

"His e-mails developed into sexually explicit conversations, and he asked me for photographs of my erect penis," the former page said.

The page said Foley maintained e-mail contact with him even after he started college and arranged a sexual liaison after the page had turned 18.

The third page interviewed by ABC News, a graduate of the 1998 page class, said Foley's instant messages began while he was a senior in high school.

"Foley would say he was sitting in his boxers and ask what I was wearing," the page said.

"It became more weird, and I stopped responding," the page said.

All three pages described similar instant message and e-mail patterns, with remarkably similar escalations of provocative questions.

"He didn't want to talk about politics," the page said. "He wanted to talk about sex or my penis," the page said.

The three new verbal accounts are in addition to two sets of sexually explicit instant messages provided to ABC News by former pages.

An online story on the Drudge Report Thursday claimed one set of the sexually explicit instant messages obtained by ABC News was part of a "prank" on the part of the former page, who reportedly says he goaded the congressman into writing the messages.

"This was no prank," said one of the three former pages who talked to ABC News today about his experience with the congressman.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/10/three_more_form.html
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: More former pages speak
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »
"Sorry, not buying.  None of the above.  Get back to me when you find something illegal, OK?  (I won't hold my breath)"
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:55:07 PM »
<<The page told ABC News he was interviewed this week by FBI agents who had a six-page list of questions about Foley and the exchanges.>>

Which is probably about six pages longer than Haskert's list.  I don't see Haskert surviving this little shitstorm, but the beauty of it is that the Republicans are fucked whether he does or doesn't.  They're already busted.  They can't go back and re-write the past.  They are what they are, and now a whole lot of people can really see exactly what that is.  They can waterboard Haskert live on national TV, but the damage is done.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 08:54:57 PM »
 Section 2422 of the U.S. Code is often used in internet sex cases which span state lines and involve minors:

§ 2422. Coercion and enticement

(a) Whoever knowingly persuades, induces, entices, or coerces any individual to travel in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, to engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

(b) Whoever, using the mail or any facility or means of interstate or foreign commerce, or within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States knowingly persuades, induces, entices, or coerces any individual who has not attained the age of 18 years, to engage in prostitution or any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 5 years and not more than 30 years.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:26:25 PM »
I doubt the former pages will be able to testify anomynously in a court of law.

Perhaps Justice should go ahead and indict and try Foley so we can get to the bottom of this.

Wonder whether any of these pages will change their story when under oath.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:49:19 PM »

You're posting the law as it is now, not when Foley had his inappropriate contacts.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 10:48:18 PM »
<<Wonder whether any of these pages will change their story when under oath. >>

That's because you're a naturally curious kind of guy, BT.  Ever wonder whether Haskert and Foley will change their stories under oath?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 11:00:17 PM »
If the pages change their story under oath, Hastert et al might not have to even tell their story.

This whole thing is beginning to smell like a media designed October Surprise.

The original IM guy, recently unmasked,  is lawyering up bigtime.

When will the other shoes drop?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 11:12:13 PM »
 Ever wonder whether Hastert and Foley will change their stories under oath?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 11:33:18 PM »
Mikey repeats the question: Ever wonder whether Hastert and Foley will change their stories under oath?

They might, if it gets that far.

But for it to get that far, the accusers need to go on the stand first.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 11:36:06 PM »
<<But for it to get that far, the accusers need to go on the stand first. >>

Oh, I don't think THAT'LL be a problem.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 11:45:14 PM »

You're posting the law as it is now, not when Foley had his inappropriate contacts.

I wonder how much Foley had to do with the present law?

Do hypocrytes make good law?

I wouldn't doubt it , sometimes it takes a theif.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 12:33:03 AM »
Oh, I don't think THAT'LL be a problem.

Might not be that big a criminal problem for Foley, once all the details emerge.

Hasterts problems are political, manufactured out of thin air.

The action you require of him would be illegal if there was a gay rights amendment.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 12:41:52 AM »
<<The action you require of him would be illegal if there was a gay rights amendment. >>

You might be right technically.  Who employs these kids, the House or the individual Congressmen they page for?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 12:48:25 AM »
The House