Author Topic: No one can recognize their dictator in advance  (Read 892 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
No one can recognize their dictator in advance
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:46:18 AM »

* No people ever recognize their dictator in advance. He never stands for election on the platform of dictatorship. He always represents himself as the instrument [of] the Incorporated National Will. ... When our dictator turns up you can depend on it that he will be one of the boys, and he will stand for everything traditionally American. And nobody will ever say "Heil" to him, nor will they call him "Führer" or "Duce." But they will greet him with one great big, universal, democratic, sheeplike bleat of "O.K., Chief! Fix it like you wanna, Chief! Oh Kaaaay!" (1935)

*As far as I can see, I was really put out of Germany for the crime of blasphemy. My offense was to think that Hitler was just an ordinary man, after all. That is a crime in the reigning cult in Germany, which says Mr. Hitler is a Messiah sent by God to save the German people— an old Jewish idea. To question this mystic mission is so heinous that, if you are a German, you can be sent to jail. I, fortunately, am an American, so I was merely sent to Paris. Worse things can happen. (1934)
-----Dorothy Thompson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Thompson
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No one can recognize their dictator in advance
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 03:42:52 AM »
ummmmm.........ooooooookaaaay               ???
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle