Author Topic: Another act of treason from Bushco worse than Plame  (Read 641 times)

Mucho

Another act of treason from Bushco worse than Plame
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:46:15 AM »
Amazing how any of you can support this moron.
http://www.atlargely.com/2007/04/bush_to_terrori.html
APRIL 20, 2007
Bush to terrorists: Here is a map of our troop movements
My good friend Paul Rieckhoff just made an interesting point on Countdown regarding a speech given by the Decider today. I had not noticed this, but apparently our beloved leader put a big red X on where US are positioned in Iraq, showing once again that his version of supporting the troops is at best political theater and at worst, dangerous to our national security. Here is that part of the speech in which Bush describes our troop movements (and presents a graphic representing just where they are):

My point is, is that the American combat forces are not alone in the effort to secure the nation's capital. And just as important as the growing number of troops is their changing position in the city. I direct your attention to a map showing our troop presence around Baghdad late last year. This is how we were positioned. Most troops were at bases on the outskirts of the city. They would move into Baghdad to clear out neighborhoods during the day, and then they would return to their bases at night. The problem was that when our troops moved back to the bases, the extremists, the radicals, the killers moved back to the neighborhoods.

And we're changing. Part of our strategy change, part of the new mission in Baghdad is for American troops to live and work side by side with Iraqi forces at small neighborhood posts called joint security stations. You can see from this map, there are now more than two dozen joint security stations located throughout Baghdad; more are planned. From these stations, Iraqi and American forces work together to clear out and then secure neighborhoods - all aimed at providing security for the people of Baghdad. If a heavy fight breaks out, our forces will step in, and Iraqi forces learn valuable skills from American troops; they'll fight shoulder to shoulder with the finest military every assembled.

By living in Baghdad neighborhoods, American forces get to know the culture and concerns of local residents. Equally important, the local residents get to know them. When Iraqi civilians see a large presence of professional soldiers and police patrolling their streets, they grow in confidence and trust. They become less likely to turn to militias for protection. People want security in their lives, and they tend to turn to the most apparently effective security force. And as people gain confidence in the ability of the Iraqi troops, along with the United States to provide security, they begin to cooperate. In fact, Iraqi and American forces have received more tips in the past three months than during any three-month period on record. These are tips provided by local citizens about where to find terrorists and insurgents.

<snip>

The maps show the dramatic changes taking place in Ramadi, which happens to be the capital of Anbar province. The red-shaded areas in the first map show the concentration of al Qaeda terrorists in the city two months ago. The second map shows the concentration of the terrorists now. Their presence has declined substantially. Here is how one reporter described the changes: "A year ago, Ramadi's police force had virtually been wiped out, leaving only a couple dozen officers and a lawless city with nowhere to turn for help. Now, guerrilla fighters have begun to disappear, schools and shops have reopened, and civilians have begun walking [in] previously deserted streets."

I cannot find the graphic just yet and I am a bit tired. If someone locates it, please post the URL.

Technorati Tags: Georbe W. Bush, Paul Reickoff, troop movements

Email this • Subscribe to this feed • Fark It • Blog This • Seed This • Save to del.icio.us (1 save) • Add to Blogroll • Digg This! • Add to Technorati Favorites! • Google Bookmark This • Advertise Here • Translate eng - rus

Posted by Larisa Alexandrovna at 08:35 PM in Absurdity, Bush | Permalink

TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/2007488/17889786

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Bush to terrorists: Here is a map of our troop movements:

Comments
Prof: I did not get the email. Can you resend?

Rayne: I know, my jaw dropped.

Twig: We can also file this under "supporting the troops."

Posted by: Larisa Alexandrovna | April 21, 2007 at 08:14 AM

I think this is called "Winnging The Hearts And Minds." The problem is.... that ship sailed in the fall of 2003.

A bit late for this type of stratgey. On to four years and still no basic civic services and certainly no security.

Posted by: Twig | April 20, 2007 at 11:14 PM

We really shouldn't be shocked, though, should we? National security including the safety of our troops and the secrecy of military efforts are as expendable for political gains as our deepest cover intel officers and Executive Office email communications.

Good God, they absolutely disgust me.

Posted by: Rayne | April 20, 2007 at 10:52 PM

larisa...

i've emailed a jpg of the map that i captured from a video of bush's speech... the detail isn't great but it definitely shows what you are talking about...

http://takeitpersonally.blogspot.com/

http://www.atlargely.com/2007/04/bush_to_terrori.html