Author Topic: Credit cards really are diabolical.  (Read 1010 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Credit cards really are diabolical.
« on: April 23, 2007, 01:08:11 PM »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Credit cards really are diabolical.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:42:25 PM »
funny thing I`m shopping for a card and there are diabolical

I`m looking for a $200 limit card,si I can buy stuff on line and not worry about ID theft.
I usually say, can I get a card that if it the purchases over $200.00 it gets denied.
I was told no bank denied charges over the credit limit as long it not a very big amount.
because the bank can charge extra for overdraft.
it really is hard for people to save money these days.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 03:20:04 PM »
Could you....just have a debit card  in a separate bank account in which you kept only $200 max.?   I've thought of that before, but I haven't done it. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 03:49:51 PM »
I`m think of doing that but I`ll bet it`ll have a overdaft built-in it for me to pay the penalty for it going over

I`m thinking about those gift cards like amex has
but i want to know if I got the option to recharge them to a higher amount.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
   If you want o buy a house or a car , the wrong sort of credit card can hurt your credit rateing.

A low limit card or a no limit card both cause the same problem.

One of the factors in determineing your credit rateing is how close to the limit you keep your credit, a card ith a high limit and low amount lent is good for your rating .

A low limit and purchases near the limit bring down the curve.

A no limit card is always countd as being spent up to the limit , this bings the advradge way down.

My favoriate card is a Credit union card , its rate is fixed , a lot of cards use their right to raise your rate.

If your credit is good, you don't have to tolerate rising rates. Banks are still competing fiercely for the best customers. "If your credit score is 720 or above, you should be paying 10% or less," said Curtis Arnold of CardRatings.com. Negotiate with your issuers for lower rates or take your business elsewhere. Arnold notes MBNA is currently offering several cards with 7.9% "fixed" rates. (Nothing is truly fixed in the credit-card world, but these rates aren't designed to fluctuate.)

If your credit is bad, check out the resources in MSN's Your Credit Rating Decision Center for ways to boost your numbers. If you're having trouble making the minimums, stop charging and work out a plan to pay down your debt.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/CreditCardSmarts/7CreditCardTrendsThatCanCostYou.aspx

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/CreditCardSmarts/CreditCardsThatHelpYouSave.aspx

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Banking/creditcardsmarts/P74808.asp