Author Topic: liberal myth??  (Read 1102 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
liberal myth??
« on: April 26, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/26/MNGK7PFOMS1.DTL

i mention something yesterday at work ,something about bees disapperaing and quite few conservative(they say they are) automaticlly say it a liberal myth and doubt it`s true .

my question is do conservative(which I am) have a tendency to not believe any negative situation with the enviroment and pawn it off as a liberal nonesense?

fatman

Re: liberal myth??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »
I'm not a conservative (nor a liberal), but most farmers and orchardists that I know are a bit on the conservative side (though not all, I hate painting with a broad brush), and they are the ones worried about the bees.  Most of the big apple orchards in Eastern Washington are really worried about this, and Eastern Washington as a whole is pretty conservative.

My guess is that the conservatives at your work aren't informed as to the problem.
If they are informed, it doesn't make much sense.  Why would a conservative farmer be worried about something that a conservative from the city says doesn't exist?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 03:27:24 PM »
well farmer should be worried about it.
but the average city slicker conservative(which I`m not) that I observed seem to turn a blind eye to it.
but than i suspect in general peoplle do not really understand how important bees actually are.
I`ll bet some folks will just say have the farmers do(pollinate) it by hand without the bees.
I got that idea from talking about how important tractors or plowhorse are
people actually say doing it manually is just as good.
stupid

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
my question is do conservative(which I am) have a tendency to not believe any negative situation with the enviroment and pawn it off as a liberal nonesense?

They shouldn't, if they're intelligent
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle