Author Topic: Curious about the reactions to Lybrel  (Read 871 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Curious about the reactions to Lybrel
« on: April 27, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »
Lybrel is a contraceptive, expected to soon be approved by the F.D.A., that will suppress monthly menstruation. I'm seeing evidence online that some women seem to be against the idea of eliminating their period, and some women seem almost paranoid about it (apparently some women seem to think the drug is some sort of tool of the patriarchy to make women ashamed of being women). I find myself a little surprised by this. When I first heard of Lybrel, I thought (in what is probably typical stupid male fashion) that most women would be glad to have the ability to have more control over their menstruation. Not that I hear women talk about this all the time, but the few times I have heard women talk about their periods, usually the women are complaining. So now I'm left wondering what women think about Lybrel and why.

So, ladies, um... er...  what do you think about Lybrel?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--