Author Topic: My, my Repubs are bigger pervs than Dems and bigger hypocrits too- The AIDs Czar  (Read 4722 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
And no, I was most definitely not alluding to the fact that Haggard later admitted to having sex----with a man.  Only to the fact that first he said massage, and later, sex.

Hopefully the press won't jump on your story....What did they come up with on Imus? 3 quotes over 30 years? And we all know once you are damned in the press it is hard to be judged objectively. Look at Katrina. Look at this Tobias guy. Look at Bush Lied People Died.  What is becoming quite apparent is the truth doesn't matter.  It certainly doesn't matter in certain publications and blogs.....It's a brave new world out there, where the constitution is set aside to soothe national guilt. Tell me how the 14th amendment and specifically the equal protection clause is being honored in hate crime legislation. Far as i can tell it isn't when crimes against one class are more onerous than against another class.

Bravo BT   *golf clap*
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
We have a representative form of government.

'Support for this legislation is overwhelming. The bill is endorsed by notable individuals and more than 210 law enforcement, civil rights, civic and religious organizations, including: President George H.W. Bush’s attorney general, Dick Thornburgh; National Sheriffs’ Association; International Association of Chiefs of Police; U.S. Conference of Mayors; Presbyterian Church; Episcopal Church; and the Parent’s Network on Disabilities. Poll after poll continues to show that the American public supports hate crimes legislation inclusive of sexual orientation, including a Kaiser Family Foundation poll released in November 2001 showing 73 percent of Americans supporting hate crimes legislation that includes sexual orientation.'

http://www.hrc.org/Content/NavigationMenu/HRC/Get_Informed/Federal_Legislation/Hate_Crimes_110th_Factsheet/The_Local_Law_Enforcement_Hate_Crimes_Prevention_Act.htm
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
So?

Just because the mob wants it doesn't make it right to trash the constitution giving some classes more privilege than others.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
[snip]

If 73% of Americans supported stoning gays, would you be all right with that?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Ami---
No.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Ami---
No.

So, why is it automatically good for hate crimes legislation because 73% support them?

Obviously, 73% support is not a criteria, is it?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Ami---<If 73% of Americans supported stoning gays, would you be all right with that?>-- No.

Yet you prompt that as a driving reason why Hate Crime laws should be passed?  Because of the polling #'s  Why the disconnect?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

terra

[/quote]

Yet you prompt that as a driving reason why Hate Crime laws should be passed?  Because of the polling #'s  Why the disconnect?
[/quote]

It just proves that 73% of people are not bigots and the rest of you are.
Only a bigot would say that equal rights and anti discrimination laws are special rights.

terra

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:

The reason this kind of law is needed is because these people are in groups that are often targeted.   Some are minorities.   If you're not a religious or other minority, don't whine. Be glad you're not picked out for  abuse, because then you would see the necessity of such laws.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

It just proves that 73% of people are not bigots and the rest of you are.   Only a bigot would say that equal rights and anti discrimination laws are special rights.

Typical Terra.  If someone disagrees with her POV they must be bigots.     ;)

The reason this kind of law is needed is because these people are in groups that are often targeted.   Some are minorities.   If you're not a religious or other minority, don't whine. Be glad you're not picked out for  abuse, because then you would see the necessity of such laws.

Lanya, I was picked on in school, and am considered a part of the "majority".  I know of many folks in the "majority" who are targeted for abuse, and worse.  Crime is CRIME.  Violent crime on one is no different than violent crime on another.  How can you sentence a person any harsher who's already on death row, if you thru on some hate crime addition??  Yours and terra's complete inability to grasp the concept of equality, is only trumped by this continued egregious notion of trying to punish thought

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:

Why should the punishment for a crime be harsher if the victim is of one group and not another? Equal punishment not good enough?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

The more i look at this the more i realize the law isn't about the victims it is about the authors and supporters.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The more i look at this the more i realize the law isn't about the victims it is about the authors and supporters.

Well deduced, Bt

terra

So the three thousand people that was killed by terrorists should not be thought as special victims?  Their killers should just be treated as any other killers? Those in Gitmo should be giiven their rights back, taken to court and judged, put in prison or let  go ...after all there are no Hate Crimes. There are only crimes.

You can not have it both ways...

terra

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
So the three thousand people that was killed by terrorists should not be thought as special victims? 

No more special, than you or I

Their killers should just be treated as any other killers?

Close, they should be killed as you'd kill a warring enemy

Those in Gitmo should be giiven their rights back, taken to court and judged, put in prison or let  go ...after all there are no Hate Crimes.

Nor are they in there for criminal activity, which hate crimes are being associated with.  They are there due to their acts of warring.

There are only crimes.  You can not have it both ways...

No, they're not, thus one can have it both ways, 1 for crime (criminals), and 1 for wars (enemy combatants).  Please try to keep the distinction clear.  It'll serve you much better in latter debates.